Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: 'Cannot access file in use' message? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: 'Cannot access file in use' message?
  •     KRIN July 29, 2013 3:10PM
    Omniscope Support,

Since updating to the latest version, I’m experiencing a sporadic problem publishing reports. This issue has never occurred before the latest update.

When I publish certain reports, I’m getting an error indicating that the file is in use by another program (see below).

This is only happening for some reports and some of the time. The file in question is only accessible to Omniscope, so there is no chance another program, like Excel, is actually using it.

Publishing outputs has failed whether automated on a Scheduler or updated manually, and whether there are one or multiple viewers. However, it also sometimes works under all of those conditions, so I’ve so far been unable to identify a pattern other than that this has only occurred since the update.

This is impacting some real-time reports in production. Please confirm receipt and advise as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Attachments
    ip.png 5K
  • 7 Comments
  • antonio     antonio July 30, 2013 9:08AM
    Hello,

Can you please (temporarily) tick the option "Settings > Advanced > Error handling > Report recognised errors as bugs" and then reproduce the problem and submit the error report when asked?
  •     KRIN July 30, 2013 12:17PM
    Here is data that's being generated

Information
    • "Error with block "Data file output".Cannot access fileThe file you are trying to access is currently open in another program (such as Microsoft Excel).  Please close these application(s) and try again.The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file

This may be a fault with Omniscope, or an unanticipated external error.  Please submit an error report."
    • IOException {class java.io.IOException "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file"
      at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
      at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
      at com.visokio.util.res.hb.a(hb.java:713)
      at com.visokio.util.res.hb.a(hb.java:1109)
      at com.visokio.util.res.hb.a(hb.java:43)
      at com.visokio.util.res.hb.b(hb.java:214)
      at com.visokio.dyd.a(dyd.java:58)
      at com.visokio.dvd.b(dvd.java:3)
      at com.visokio.cvd.a(cvd.java:1)
      at com.visokio.datamanager.p3.c(p3.java:6)
      at com.visokio.dvc.b(dvc.java:3)
      at com.visokio.util.al.a(al.java:12)
      at com.visokio.util.al.a(al.java:4)
      at com.visokio.datamanager.lgb.a(lgb.java:72)
      at com.visokio.datamanager.z8.a(z8.java:2)
      at com.visokio.datamanager.l1b.i(l1b.java:18)
      at com.visokio.datamanager.l1b.run(l1b.java:63)}

• antonio     antonio July 30, 2013 12:33PM
    I sent you a private email
  •     ygulla December 19, 2013 4:56AM
    Hi Antonio,

What was the source of the issue here? We're encountering the same problem with one of our files.

Yuri
  • antonio     antonio December 19, 2013 8:24AM
    Hello Yuri,

Which version of Omniscope are you using?

Make sure you close all application using the file you are trying to access/modify (e.g. Excel)

If you cannot make it work, send us an error report, as written above, (temporarily) tick the option "Settings > Advanced > Error handling > Report recognised errors as bugs" and then reproduce the problem and submit the error report when asked.
    Untick the option afterwards.
  •     ygulla December 19, 2013 9:22AM
    Thanks, just submitted the report, BugID=25953

In our case the problem has to do with users having the report locked somehow, but I'd like to pinpoint it.
  • antonio     antonio January 10, 2014 6:11AM
    Hello Yuri,

From you error report I can see you are trying to export an IOK file that is locked at OS level (by Windows), so potentially you are overwriting an IOK file that is being opened in Omniscope by other users.

Regarding Excel, it can happen that you try to export a CSV or XLS file from a DM output block, while at the same time the file is already open in Excel (Excel locks all his open files.)

So this case is not an application bug.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership