Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Scheduler delivery of e-mails configuration - Exchange? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Scheduler delivery of e-mails configuration - Exchange?
  •     enrico68 June 6, 2013 4:00AM
    Hi - I'm trying to send an e-mail in case of failed refreshing of .iok files in a chain action (I attach a doc file with configurations applied).

Making a test, I get the error reported in the attached file (client does not have permissions to send as this sender).

I contacted our technical support that verified that connections with our MS Exchange server are ok. Using this connection, they were also able to send emails with the same sender from our Omniscope server using standard protocol smtp commands.

I'd like to know if I have to set some particular configuration (perhaps in the wrapper.conf file) to send emails from within the Omniscope Scheduler.

Thanks
    Attachments
    mail error.docx 50K
  • 18 Comments
  •     richard June 6, 2013 1:22PM
    Enrico

We need to first identify if you can send an email successfully via Omniscope Desktop. Could you please try the following:

1. Open up DataManager in Omniscope Desktop
    2. Add in a new 'Email output' from the 'Outputs' options and attach it to the Omniscope block.
    3. Enter your mail server credentials and attempt to publish (i.e. send the email)

Please let me know if this works

Richard
  •     enrico68 June 7, 2013 3:39AM
    Hi,

I made the test and I have the same problem sending email with Omniscope Desktop.

Thanks

Enrico
  • antonio     antonio June 10, 2013 10:02AM
    Hello Enrico,
    Were you able to get to the bottom of the problem?
  •     enrico68 June 11, 2013 11:39AM
    Antonio, We haven't solved the problem yet. Thanks, Enrico
  • antonio     antonio June 13, 2013 5:01AM
    Did you get a chance to follow the instructions on the link tjbate posted above?
  •     enrico68 June 14, 2013 4:51AM
    Hi Antonio,

just a quick confirmation: are you suggesting to set up our Exchange server to support POP3/IMAP access?
    Do you think that this is going to work also on Omniscope 2.7 Server Edition?
  •     chris June 14, 2013 9:42AM
    Hi,

At the moment the Omniscope email connector supports connecting to POP3 or IMAP email services. We do not support Exchange by default, however you should be able to setup IMAP access to your Exchange server. After you do this you should be able to connect using Omniscope.
  •     enrico68 June 18, 2013 9:06AM
    Hi,

today I received confirmation that on our Exchange Server POP3 and IMAP protocols are already open. Unfortunately, nothing changed.
    Is there some specific configuration we should do?

Thanks

Enrico
  •     chris June 18, 2013 9:23AM
    Hi Enrico,

You need to contact your server administrator and ask them to provide you with the POP-3 and IMAP connection details (server URL, port and SSL). As an example, POP3 servers typically listen on port 110 and IMAP servers listen on port 143, but this may have been configured differently by your admin.
  •     enrico68 June 25, 2013 8:24AM
    Today I got an answer from our server adimistrators that confirmed me that these are the POP3/IMAP details:

POP3 – port TCP 110
    IMAP – port TCP 143

They confirm me that they made a test connecting the Omniscope Server to the Exchange Server using telnet on the two ports indicated (for IMAP and POP3 protocols).
    In both cases they were able to establish successful connections.

•     chris June 25, 2013 8:30AM
    Hi Enrico,

Thats great, so have you managed to download any emails into Omniscope yet?

Chris
  •     enrico68 June 25, 2013 8:37AM
    Unfortunately not!
    I was just waiting an answer from our administrator for server POP3 and IMAP configuration, but the situation is still the same.
    Sincerely, this is not an high priority open point at the moment (but we would like to solve it sooner or later).
  •     chris June 25, 2013 8:40AM
    Hi Enrico,

So are you now able to connect to the exchange server using POP3/IMAP? What error do you get and when does it happen. I appreciate this might not be high priority but we would be keen to help you resolve this issue as we have a number of clients who want to connect directly to Microsoft Exchange from Omniscope. Would it help to arrange a short phone call/screen-sharing session?
  •     enrico68 June 25, 2013 8:47AM
    Chris,

the problem is still the same: trying to sent email I get the error reported in the file I attached opening this discussion (client does not have permissions to send as this sender).

You asked me about POP3 and IMAP connection details and I got the answer today from our administrator (that standard configuration is used).

I don't know if a phone call can be usefull. Do you have any idea about some test I can do or about any Omniscope configuration I can check?

Thanks
  •     chris June 25, 2013 8:54AM
    Hi Enrico,

I think it would be useful to arrange a short screen-share if that would be possible, that would allow us to run through a few different tests and configurations. If you think that would be useful please contact me directly at: support@visokio.com
  •     OmarKhan June 25, 2013 10:36AM
    I would love to find out if this was solved. we are in same boat as Enrico.
  •     chris June 25, 2013 10:38AM
    Hi Omar,

Have your network admin's setup POP3/IMAP connectivity on your Exchange server? If so I'd be more than happy to arrange a screen-sharing session with you to see if we could get this working.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership