Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Graph view: Compressing date axis to print on one page? - Visokio Forums
Graph view: Compressing date axis to print on one page?
  •     aeastwood February 11, 2015 10:38AM
    Hi,

I have some line charts with measures in the Y axis and dates running along the X axis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of dates, so even with minimum splits width within layout at its lowest setting, the Bar/Line charts don't fit on one screen (only just fits on three by scrolling).

I'd like to be able to demo these charts, and to be able to print them so that they display all on one page (currently if I print I get about 1/3 of it).

Graph views seem more suited to this, but I can't find a way to have two measures overlaid like I do in my attached file (let me know if there's a way).

See the simple attached file to see what I mean.

Thanks
    Alex
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola February 11, 2015 11:34AM
    This chart is showing daily data in period of 14 years, so probably not ideal to show on one chart, but if you really insist, you can select in the Layout menu the 'Fit to screen' option.
  •     aeastwood February 11, 2015 11:37AM
    Ah - forgot to mention, I tried that and it doesn't seem to work at all. If you hit it for my example file you see that for example the top line looks nothing like it did before (doesn't go nearly as low for example).
  •     paola February 11, 2015 12:20PM
    You may wish to try the Graph View, but this will require slight change in your data structure.
    In the DataManager use De-Pivot block for the fields [1] and [2]. Make sure the new field is classified as category data.
    Now use the Graph view and connect the markers by series. File attached.

•     aeastwood February 11, 2015 12:22PM
    Perfect - didn't realise you could use graph views like that. Thanks Paola

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership