Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: Change in log formats between 2.8 and 2.9 release? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: Change in log formats between 2.8 and 2.9 release?
  •        benjamin February 2, 2015 12:43PM
    Hi

Has there been any change to the formatting and output of the Scheduler log text file produced on the Omniscope Server Editions?

I current see the following: The date time now has a T in between date and time?
    Previously you had "Watcher process finished with output" text wording and now i cant see any such wording in the scheduler log.

I am using the following file in the service folder as the Scheduler log "service_scheduler_log"

Please advise

Thanks

Ben

• 5 Comments
  • antonio     antonio February 2, 2015 1:07PM
    Hello,

To see that Watcher related message you have to change the server logging level to TRACE. It will be logged into the service_scheduler_log.txt file.

Regarding the date time, the new format is ISO8601 (see spec here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601)

To change logging level:
    1) open Omniscope Server, click Edit Settings, then change Log Level to Trace image
    2) restart Omniscope Server to apply logging settings

Remember that TRACE level will produce a verbose log, considerably increasing the size of all services logs.
    Attachments
    Untitled.png 20K
  •        benjamin February 3, 2015 4:29AM
    Hi Antonio

I can see that on the server.

However i have clicked on that and then visited the log again and cannot see any finer log details.Previously we had "Watcher Processed with output" and the likes but cannot see this now ?

Am i missing something ?

Thanks

Ben
  • antonio     antonio February 3, 2015 5:08AM
    Have you restarted Omniscope Server after applying the log level settings?
    You should be able to see the "Watcher process finished with output" message
  •        benjamin February 3, 2015 5:10AM
    No i have not restarted the server , do i need to ?
  • antonio     antonio February 6, 2015 12:13PM
    yes you need to restart Omniscope Server to apply logging settings

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged