Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Import: SQL view as a parameter in DataManager? - Visokio Forums
Import: SQL view as a parameter in DataManager?
  •     carlosmartinmari January 21, 2015 7:04AM
    Hi,

I'm trying to introduce a parameter, say "Sqlview" that is being used in the DataManager database source block to call a custom SQL view as follows:

select * from p = {{Sqlview}}

The problem we have is that when you give the variable type to the parameter and set it as text, in DM the variable is automatically written as:

select * from "my_table_name"

which returns an error because it should look like that:

select * from `my_table_name`

Introducing the correct symbols doesn't help (parameter enter as "`my_table_name`").

Is there any way to do that?

Thank you in advance,
    Carlos
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola January 21, 2015 9:39AM
    Could not reproduce this issue, below screenshot shows how parameter is used to extract records from a view, where a text parameter with fixed value is used.

You can bookmark different tables and views in the Bookmarks tab/DataManager Data panel space, and drag them to the workspace.
    Attachments
    ParamDB.JPG 67K
    ParamDB.JPG 67K
  •     carlosmartinmari January 21, 2015 9:59AM
    Hi Paola,

This is what I'm trying to do:

I don't want to use a parameter to filter the view data, but to call the actual view itself.

I tried also using the "EXEC({query})" function but visokio wouldn't understand it...

Thanks,
  •     paola January 21, 2015 11:52AM
    For now you cannot use the custom SQL mode, but you can use the parameter in the main configuration tab under the "Table selection" option.image
    Attachments
    DBconfigBlock.JPG 47K
  •     carlosmartinmari January 21, 2015 11:53AM
    Thanks! that worked :)

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership