Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: PDF export with selectable text or followable URL? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: PDF export with selectable text or followable URL?
  •     carlosmartinmari January 7, 2015 7:52AM
    Hi,

I need to create for a client a report that includes followable URL adresses (I mean, that if the text says "http://foo.com/bar.html" the text is clickable as a link) or at least selectable text when arranged the data in a table view. Is that possible?

Best regards,
    Carlos
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate January 7, 2015 1:15PM
    Carlos - How are you generating the PDF output...

File > Export > Export PDF

or using DataManager PDF Output publish block?
  •     carlosmartinmari January 8, 2015 12:31AM
    Hi, I'm using DataManager block. It's for an automatic report generation, so it must be like that...
  •     tjbate January 9, 2015 6:41AM
    Carlos - PDF publishing from Omniscope is done by internally-generated screenshots of the IOK display automatically embedded in a PDF file as an image. That is why the links don't respond, the Omniscope-generated PDFs contain only pictures of the links rather than the live links with code to execute.

There is no way to preserve the live links from an IOK file when exported as PDF...why not just send the IOK file?...Omniscope free Viewer is all that is needed, rather than Adobe Acrobat Reader.

You CAN export the screenshot images as auto-publish from Omniscope, then use a separate PDF creation program to assemble the PDF and re-type the links directly into the PDF to keep them live, but obviously this would be a manual operation.
  •     carlosmartinmari January 21, 2015 7:58AM
    Hi, I couldn't just send the IOK file, and neither were our clients were interested in a web version with the info with clickable URL, they wanted 'live' PDF.

Just for information, in case someone else finds himself with this issue, I did the job in the end exporting the information I needed from Omniscope and using the Scheduler to create a batch file that produces live PDF using "Latex".

Cheers

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership