Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: Single click for collections of values? - Visokio Forums
Filtering: Single click for collections of values?
  • tagarw August 13, 2014 3:12AM
    I have one filter based on field and it is working fine. If I select one or all of them data in the table is getting filtered.
    I need to create a filter in such a way that I can select two values like 2014-Q2 and 2014- Q1 with a single click and data should filter based on that. Please see attachment for more details.

Thanks
    Attachments
    query1.docx 59K
  • 7 Comments
  •     tjbate August 13, 2014 7:07AM
    Jagran - The simplest way to do this is to define Named Queries incorporating typical combinations of filter settings. To do this, first

1.) Reset your data set so that all records are showing.
    2.) Define a typical combination of filter settings the consumers of your files will want to see
    3.) From the Queries dropdown on the Main Toolbar choose 'Create new query > from filter settings.

This will create a single new Named Query tickbox on the Sidebar for even the most complicated sets of filter settings, allowing you to hide the more granular filter devices if desired.
  • tagarw August 13, 2014 7:22AM
    Thanks for help.. I understand. My further question on this is, is there a way to map that queries with some variable?? like for selecting perticular choice in variable data for that query will come.

Please confirm. Actually for my requirement I need to provide selection criteria to user.
  •     tjbate August 13, 2014 7:26AM
    Yes, you can set the Subset option for some or all Views on a given tab to always show the results of the Named Query (with or without the option for further granular filtering), so that the User just needs to go to the correct tab, not even necessary for the User to select from more than one Named Query.
  • tagarw August 13, 2014 9:05AM
    ok.. If there is only one table view and data in that table view should vary according to the values selected from the filter. Can we map each filter option with one named query?
  •     tjbate August 13, 2014 9:14AM
    Yes...every View has a Subset setting on the View toolbar...second icon from the left. The default Subset to display is 'Filtered in'.

However, you can 'hardwire' each view to show only the subset defined by a Named Query. You can have any number of Named Queries in each file.
  • tagarw August 13, 2014 10:08AM
    But I have only one view and multiple named query. Data in view should change according to selection in filter.
  •     mustafa August 14, 2014 6:00AM
    A view in Omniscope cannot show data of multiple named queries. Instead, you should create a new named query which is combination of Query 1 and Query 2 for example.

Then, in the Subset picker choose Filtered, intersected with: and selecting your new query.

Filtered, intersected with option results in showing you records that in the named query with records that have been filtered out using sidebar removed.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership