Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: 'Function unsupported please re-start'? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: 'Function unsupported please re-start'?
  •     Mees January 16, 2014 4:21AM
    Hi there

Since a few days we have a strange error in Omniscope and our schedulers. The application stops working without any obvious reason. The message in the log is "Function unsupported. Please restart Omniscope and try again.". This message is also thrown when Omniscope (in stead of the scheduler) errors. We run version 2.8 b1187

This is causing serious problems as our scheduler tasks are not competed and iok files not refreshed.

Can someone please support us on this?

FYI on the same server, but with another user we also run 2.9 b779.

Many thanks, Arjan

• 15 Comments
  •     mustafa January 19, 2014 6:27AM
    We are currently investigating the issue and we will contact you tomorrow to discuss this issue further.
  • Alexander     Alexander January 20, 2014 3:54AM
    Hi Mustafa,

You can contact me today about this very urgent issue. Arjan is on the road today.
    I'll send you an email with my skype details.

Thanks.
  • Alexander     Alexander January 22, 2014 10:58AM
    Donald and Mustafa,

Please see topic: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2451/scheduler-pdf-batch-error-

Schedulers are not stable at the moment. This is causing serious issues again.
    Please contact us ASAP. Paola already knows about this new problem.

Thanks.
  •     donald January 24, 2014 7:01AM
    We have created a build with a fix and extended diagnostics for running multiple schedulers.

It is available for download now, daily builds, Omniscope 2.8 b1199 23rd of January 2014.

Stop all your schedulers.

Install the version above or later.

Enable function not supported debug
    Open Omniscope on the Desktop and "Enable function not supported debug", Select Settings -> Advanced->Debugging & Diagnostics, check "Enable function not supported debug".
    Exit the Desktop.

Separate the log for each of your schedulers.
    In the batch file you use to start schedulers modify or add the paramater -DserverLogFilename to the java.exe command line you use.

Set a different log file name for each of the scheduler instances
    e.g.
    -DserverLogFilename="SchedulerSpecificLogFileName.txt"

Start all your schedulers

If you do not experience the problem again over the next couple of days you can switch off the "Enable function not supported debug", repeat the above process and uncheck "Enable function not supported debug".
  • Alexander     Alexander January 27, 2014 7:23AM
    With the new builds of 2.8 and 2.9 running problemfree since friday morning, this problem seems to be resolved.
    Thanks
  • Alexander     Alexander July 4, 2014 6:45AM
    Hi Donald,

This problem is occuring again and is showing up all of the time on random processes.
    Could you check if the fix is still working?
  •     donald July 4, 2014 6:53AM
    Which Omniscope build version number are you experiencing the problem with ?

• Alexander     Alexander July 4, 2014 6:55AM
    2.8 b1250

•     donald July 4, 2014 7:03AM
    Will check with the developers that the fix is still in place.

Can you restart the schedulers ?

How quickly does the error start to appear ?

• Alexander     Alexander July 4, 2014 7:14AM
    Sure, we can restart the schedulers. I just tested a task that normally takes a few seconds to run. And now it took 2 minutes and came back with the result Function not supported....
  • Alexander     Alexander July 4, 2014 7:15AM
    Schedulers restarted
  • Alexander     Alexander July 4, 2014 8:12AM
    Restarting did not solve the issue.
  •     mustafa July 15, 2014 11:31PM
    Have you had any luck with the custom build we sent last week?
  • Alexander     Alexander July 16, 2014 4:18AM
    Hi Mustafa,

I just sent you an email.
  •     mustafa July 17, 2014 7:48AM
    Alexander,

Thank you for all the help and valuable testing you are carrying out for us to help diagnose the issue. One of my colleagues will be in touch later on today in regards to this.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged