Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
DataManager: Omniscope 2.8 - date format error? - Visokio Forums
DataManager: Omniscope 2.8 - date format error?
  •     acohen August 1, 2013 11:35AM
    I have a encountered a date format bug, where when I specify the date format for a formula field in DataManager as "dd-MMM-yyyy" it is coming out as "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:MM:SS" and therefore causing failures later on in my DataManager data flow structure.

Can this be corrected asap?
  • 11 Comments
  •     chris August 1, 2013 12:05PM
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We are investigating this. I'll report back when we have more information.
  •     chris August 1, 2013 12:09PM
    In the meantime, to fix this you could put a second field organizer block underneath and change the format to "dd-MMM-yyyy".
  •     ygulla October 14, 2013 9:29AM
    This issue is still present in b1117. It makes transition from 2.7 rather problematic. Do you have any updates on this?
  •     chris October 14, 2013 1:10PM
    Hi,

We will put in a fix for this in the next day or so. I'll let you know once the fix is available.

Chris

•     ygulla October 14, 2013 1:32PM
    Thanks Chris, much appreciated.
  •     chris October 17, 2013 4:32AM
    Hi,

We have put a fix into b1123 for this issue. Would you mind downloading and let us know if it manages to resolve your problem. Please note that the data in the blocks may be cached, so you may need to force a refresh. You can update individual blocks by selecting the block tools dropdown and selecting the update option.
  •     ygulla October 17, 2013 6:49AM
    Thank you Chris, this seems to solve the absolute majority of issues.

There is only one thing left. Whenever a date is recorded in text format, and then changed to date, you still get 00:00:00 shown despite specifying the dd-MMM-yyyy. I'm attaching a simple example.
    (Text representation is sometimes necessary when the date is extracted from a convoluted string using a formula)
    Attachments
    Date format.iok 9K
  •     bfromson1 November 29, 2013 4:46AM
    Unfortunately this seems to have slipped back in 2.9 using 2.9 b 672 and am getting badly formatted date axis in a bar chart.

The same file opened in 2.8 or 2.9 b 633 gives well formatted date axis (shows Q1 2011, Q2 2011 etc ..) but in build 672 date axis is labelled as 1-Jan-2011 00:00:00 to 31-Mar-2011 23:59:59
    Attachments
    data.iok 11K
  •     richard November 29, 2013 9:24AM
    We are investigating this issue and will post back when we have implemented a fix.

Richard
  •        daniel December 2, 2013 4:38AM
    Im getting the same issue, I can't find and turn on the smart date labelling options anymore found in the split by menu for graph views, the options can be found in the regular table view but they don't do anything now.

•     steve December 2, 2013 10:38AM
    This issue will be fixed in 2.9 b679, which should be available tonight.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership