Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar/Line View: line selection/filtering on double-click? - Visokio Forums
Bar/Line View: line selection/filtering on double-click?
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 3, 2013 6:40AM
    Hi, I observed that if the user double clicks on a line in a graphic chart (line chart) the view becomes filtered for this selection, resulting in a filter blocking issue. To unblock it, the user has to cancel (refresh) the filtered view and re-apply the 'official' filter, and it's a nightmare for users.

Is there any way to avoid the line double-clicks from filtering in graphic charts?

Thanks in advance, Alfonso
  • 7 Comments
  •     tjbate July 3, 2013 12:06PM
    Alfonso...we can't understand this issue without seeing the file that is behaving like this....can you please send it to us?
  •     steve July 4, 2013 11:46AM
    Alfonso, I know what you're talking about.

In the Bar view, and also the new Pie view in 2.8, if you double-click a bar or segment, Omniscope executes a drill-down "instant keep" on that item.

This is a shortcut for selecting the bar/segment under the mouse, then clicking "Keep".

To revert, simply click the "Back" button on the main toolbar. No need to re-apply anything.
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 4, 2013 2:41PM
    Hi Steve,

I'll Try it and let you know if issues happens..
    But i think it's the workaround I need,

Thanks for the help.

Alfonso
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 20, 2013 6:48AM
    Hi,

I checked it, Back Button in the main toolbar solve the issue.

Many thanks for support.

Alfonso
  •     johnr63 September 11, 2013 12:03PM
    Hi I have the same issue. When I double click a bar in a bar chart, that is not split by measures, I end up with the data filtered for the whole page and cannot get back without clicking reset. I do not want to have reset as an option for end users as this resets all the filters on the right hand side.

I do not have a back button on the main toolbar or if I do, I do not know how to find it?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice
  •     tjbate September 14, 2013 4:09PM
    John -

At the moment, you must reveal the Main Toolbar to reveal the Refresh, Move/Keep, and Back arrow, along with the barometer and other commands. It is not yet possible to move these to the Device View (see Ideas).

Regarding allowing end-users to global refresh, you can take the filter settings for each Tab and define them as a Named Query, intersected with granular filters in view subsets. You could also choose to 'freeze' the filter settings in devices you do not want end-users to reset. Either way, the effect of an end-user global refresh is mitigated, since the filter settings you wish end users not to change would survive any global refresh on the tab.
  •     johnr63 September 15, 2013 5:29AM
    Thanks tjbate, for the heads up on the filter options, I think I'm guilty of pandering too much to end user requests, as they seem to want the filter options a certain way one day and then different the next and so on.

As for the back button, I have have selected all on the main toolbar (no option for the back arrow), maybe it is down to the version I'm using. I think it is 2.7 but cannot find where I can view the version number? (I have the help menu option selected on the main toolbar but there is no help menu on the toolbar)!!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership