Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Free Viewer: Export data from free Viewer? - Visokio Forums
Free Viewer: Export data from free Viewer?
  • kikorw October 16, 2012 1:31PM
    I understand no data export is possible from an Omniscope free Viewer only license, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm interested in sharing Omniscope data visualization files with some team members. I already set up a nice dashboard file for them. Now they emphasize that it will NOT be useful as long as they CAN'T download/export the data they're looking at. Is there an alternate method that could make this a useful tool for them?

Summary: I share an .IOK file with end users with a free Viewer only license, how could they export data from the .IOK?
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate October 16, 2012 1:42PM
    Francisco - Yes, this is a standard feature of an Omiscope Server license. Omniscope IOK files saved as 'owned' by Server licenses enable additional options/actions when opened in the free Viewer. One of these additional free Viewer enabled options is the ability to export the data from the IOK file as .csv or xls(x).
  •     alec_webliquid October 23, 2012 7:54AM
    FYI Francisco, you can still copy and paste from Table and Pivot views to Excel or wherever, if that helps
  •     tjbate October 23, 2012 9:07AM
    Alec - Yes, that is correct, but only if the Publisher/owner has chosen NOT to lock the file, which is an anti-copy file security protection option for data publishers.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership