Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Map view: Marker clustering size misleading? - Visokio Forums
Map view: Marker clustering size misleading?
  •     dszl136154 October 1, 2012 10:22AM
    Hi - I used Map view (markers clustered and sized by number of records) to map some data. As you can see the size of clusters doesn't reflect the number of records within clusters. There are many clusters which have a significant difference in terms of number of records but the size of them is still the same e.g. clusters with number of records =2 have same size as clusters with number of records >4000?

Are there any options to adjust the size of the clusters to the number of records?image
    Attachments
    size.PNG 408K
  • 9 Comments
  •     tjbate October 2, 2012 1:18PM
    Darius - In the Map View toolbar, there is a Marker dropdown menu to control record marker behaviour in that view. If you have Marker placement set to clustered, the default is a fixed size (and not proportional), but there are options to control the range (distance determining clusters) and the strength of the sizing (from Min to Max). There is also the tick-box option to switch Sizing behavior to Proportional sizing.
  •     dszl136154 October 5, 2012 9:27AM
    I can see the options controlling the distance between clusters and the strength of the sizing but I cannot find the tick-box option to switch proportional sizing.
    Could you direct me to this option, please?
    I attached a pic of the options I have.image
    Attachments
    mapping.png 66K
  •     tjbate October 5, 2012 10:51AM
    The latest stable release of 2.7 looks like this:
  •     dszl136154 October 5, 2012 11:11AM
    I went to 2.8 because there were problems in 2.7. If I move to 2.7 now it will bring all the problems back.

Could you add it to the latest 2.8 version please?
  •     tjbate October 5, 2012 12:29PM
    The version 2.8 menu looks exactly the same as 2.7 above...
  •     dszl136154 October 5, 2012 12:54PM
    I am sorry but you are wrong. 2.8 and 2.7 menu doesn't look the same. Please take a closer look at my snap shot ABOVE and you will see that there is no option to tick "Proportional".

•     tjbate October 5, 2012 1:14PM
    Make sure you have the latest version of 2.8 and try changing the Size setting...the proportional tick box option should appear on the menu?
  •     dszl136154 October 9, 2012 5:27AM
    This is the latest version I downloaded: 2.8-alpha b331 (08-Oct-2012 00:23:48) r72164
    The options look exactly the same as on the picture attached to my previous message.
    It looks like there is no such option as "Proportional" to tick.
  •     tjbate October 9, 2012 7:00AM
    Darius - There may be something in the history of your file's configuration that is stopping the 'Proportional' option (which is contextual) from displaying...can you send us the file to the support mailbox please?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged