Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Batch Outputs: PDF files showing empty queries in views? - Visokio Forums
Batch Outputs: PDF files showing empty queries in views?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 5, 2012 9:32AM
    Hi - I am using a Batch Output IOK file to generate and deliver multiple PDF output files. The Template IOK file has 2 tabs. On the second tab I use defined Subsets in the views. Yet, in the static PDF, 4 out of 6 views with defined Subsets show "empty query" in the static PDF version. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!
  • 15 Comments
  •     tjbate September 5, 2012 12:19PM
    Alexander - what version are you using? Are the defined Data Subsets on the second tab purely Named Queries, or Named Queries intersected with on-tab Sidebar filtering actions?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 6, 2012 3:49AM
    Thomas,

Using 2.7 B413. The subsets in the view are named queries intersected with sidebar filtering actions. Yet this is not necessary... Should this be the solution?
  •     tjbate September 6, 2012 4:34AM
    Alex - It would be interesting to know if you get the same result when Data Subsets in the affected Views are set to just the Named Queries with no intersection with Sidebar filters.
  • Alexander     Alexander September 6, 2012 4:44AM
    The result is the same.
    Another short question, what does Omniscope expect in the insert behaviour field in order to attach the pdf at the end of an existing PDF.
    In the explenation is says:"Einde" which is Dutch for "End". But both options are not valid.
  •     chris September 6, 2012 5:06AM
    Hi Alexander,

Would it be possible to send us your IOK file so we can investigate? You can send it to support@visokio.com
  • Alexander     Alexander September 6, 2012 5:13AM
    Email sent
  •     chris September 6, 2012 6:12AM
    Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately at the moment in the batch configuration file you need to specify the English value. So for the insert behaviour you must specify "End". We are investigating why this has been translated in the help text. This is done so that you can send the same file to someone using Omniscope with a different language and the batch configuration will still work.

I've had a quick look through your batch configuration file, and this also applies to other columns. So your filter condition needs to be "Accept" rather than "Accepteer".

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are fixing this translation issue and the fix will be available in tomorrow's 2.7 release.
  • Alexander     Alexander September 6, 2012 6:16AM
    Hi Chris,

I tried "End" as well, still doesn't work. And "Accepteer" works, "Accept" doesnt.
  •     chris September 6, 2012 9:41AM
    Hi Alexander,

We are investigating this and will get back to you shortly.

• Alexander     Alexander September 13, 2012 9:09AM
    Chris,

Any news on this topic? I noticed that my batch output does not work anymore since I upgraded to 2,7 b429.

Regards.
  •     chris September 13, 2012 9:39AM
    Hi Alexander. We have now made a change so the batch configuration now only accepts the English value where you need to enter a single value from a list of possible choices. For example you need to enter "Accept" rather than "Accepteer". This was done so that the same batch configuration file can be used anywhere in the world regardless of language/location.

Can you make these changes and let me know if your still having problems.

Thanks

Chris
  • Alexander     Alexander September 13, 2012 10:22AM
    That sounds clear.

Accept works.
    Is the insert behaviour "End" or "Begin" or "Overwrite"?
    What are the options for the Filter Match field?

Thanks!
  •     chris September 13, 2012 10:51AM
    Hi Alexander,

The easiest way to see all the options is to generate a new configuration file. If you open this file in a new Omniscope window you should see an explanation of each field, a list of options and usage examples (where appropriate). Please let me know if anything here is not clear.

Chris
  • Alexander     Alexander September 13, 2012 11:38AM
    I just generate a new configuration file. One remark:

Insert behaviour: Use for "PDF" or "PowerPoint" output types only.
    Determines how the data is written to the selected file.
    Enter either "overwrite" to overwrite the file (default), "beginning" to insert at the beginning of the file, "Einde" to insert at the end of the file or "after:[PAGE NUMBER]" to insert at a specific position, where [PAGE NUMBER] specifies the position.

"Einde" is dutch for "End".

Thanks! I can work with this! Great!
  •     chris September 13, 2012 11:49AM
    Great thanks for letting us know. We've updated this and the translation will be fixed tonight. In the meantime you should use "End" instead of "Einde".

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership