Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Multiple email attachments using Scheduler XML Actions? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Multiple email attachments using Scheduler XML Actions?
  •     ygulla August 28, 2012 9:30AM
    Is it possible to send more than one attachment in one email using schedulerSendEmailAction command in the xml action descriptor file for the scheduler?

Can't seem to figure it out. If not is it possible to do otherwise?
  • 10 Comments
  •     tjbate August 29, 2012 7:18AM
    Yuri - The Output blocks available in the DataManager workspace include an Email Output block that includes an External Attachments tab where you can point to any number of pre-existing files to be attached to the outgoing e-mail.

Only one attachment containing the live in-memory data set can currently be specified on the Data tab of the Email Output block.

Using the Batch Output block, any number of differently-configured files containing the live data set can be sent to any number of recipients in individual emails, just by adding new rows/records to the Batch Distribution Control IOK file with the same e-mail address but a different empty Report IOK template specified on each row.
  •     ygulla August 30, 2012 10:23AM
    Thank you, we can work with that. Are there plans to add it as a scheduler xml command?
  •     steve September 4, 2012 2:33PM
    Which scheduler action are you currently using to send email (with 1 attachment), and what sort of attachments do you want to include / what scenario?
  •     ygulla September 5, 2012 7:16AM
    I'm using the schedulerSendEmailAction command.

We've got two reports, both outputting an excel file. I'd like to send both excel files as attachments to a single email after refreshing the reports. [Same would go for sending two iok outputs.]
  •     steve September 5, 2012 9:15AM
    From tonight's 2.8 build, you will be able to attach up to 5 files, using properties "attachment", "attachment2" ... "attachment5".
  •     ygulla September 6, 2012 9:48AM
    Great, thanks
  •     sharingan90 November 26, 2013 8:26AM
    Hi,
    Is it possible to attach a file with a timestamp using XML??
  •     tjbate November 26, 2013 8:30AM
    Kashif - Yes, should be....Scheduler can add timestamp to file names in most cases, or you can save file with timestamp in name. What kind of file are you trying to timestamp and deliver? Does the timestamp have to display inside the file or only in the file name?
  •     sharingan90 November 26, 2013 10:58AM
    I have files that are generated on a monthly basis. To differentiate I add a timestamp to each file. Ideally once the files have been published, I want to run an xml file that automatically attaches the file with the most recent time stamp to the email and sends it out. I wonder whether something that address the above can be done using xml.
  •     tjbate November 26, 2013 1:52PM
    The Scheduler, a process included with a Server license, will do this automatically, including send the email. It will also export the configured Task List as an editable XML Actions file showing how to encode our schema and repeat the task either chronologically, or in event-driven mode by externally copying the XML Actions file (modifiable by your own programs) to the Watch folder monitored by the Scheduler process. Are you already working with a Server license?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged