Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs - Smart PDF's - Visokio Forums
Outputs - Smart PDF's
  •     andy_white April 2, 2012 7:27AM
    Morning guys - I think I discussed this with someone on the phone a while back but never followed up. Is this something that is possible to implement as an output format in order to reduce the size of the pdf's on output and allow for inline selectable tables? Andy
  • 13 Comments
  •     michael April 2, 2012 1:22PM
    Hi Andy,

Regarding export text to PDF as text (not as shapes or pictures).
    This feature has been added today in 2.8.
    and use the following combination of parameters:
    Output as: "Vector graphics"
    + tick "Export text as text:" check-box.

2.8 will be made available to alpha partners in the next few weeks.
  •     Mees April 12, 2012 8:17AM
    Hi Andy, Michael,

We are considering using pdf as an output format.
    Can you explain what you mean with a smart pdf?
    Thanks
  •     michael April 12, 2012 9:16AM
    Hi Mees,

The discussion was about to make text selectable in PDF export files.
    This feature has been added to 2.8 which will be available on the site soon.
  •        mohamed July 26, 2012 4:59AM
    Hi Michael,

Can we have an option, when using batch output as PDF, to be able to export as selectable Text. At the moment, you can only select as Vector graphics which export as the default option "Shapes". I want to be able to export as selectable Text so I can convert it to .doc format.

Regards,

Mohamed
  •        mohamed July 26, 2012 10:45AM
    Is it also possible to add "Post-process command" option for PDFs in the batch output configuration.
  •     michael July 30, 2012 9:54AM
    Hi Mohamed,

Selectable text is available in 2.8 as an experimental feature.
    You need to choose "Vector graphics" and then "Selectable text (experimental)".

Regarding "Post-process command" for "Batch output" block, we will implement this today and it should appear in the next nightly build.
  •        mohamed July 30, 2012 10:07AM
    Thank you for doing this.

How can i add "Selectable text (experimental)" to the batch output configuration. At the moment it is only images or vector graphics. There is no option for selectable Text.
  •     chris July 30, 2012 10:15AM
    Hi Mohamed,

We will add the "Post-process" command to batch output tonight. We will not be adding the "Selectable text (experimental)" option as this is an experimental feature and we would prefer to keep it just in the PDF publish options panel for now.
  •        mohamed July 30, 2012 10:25AM
    Hi Chris,

Thank for your reply and adding the "Post-process" command in tonight's build.

Is it possible to have this option in "Batch output" but appear as experimental. I need to publish 150 pdf reports and then convert them to .doc format via a third party tool. It will not be practical to go through 150 reports and do the export manually. I can only convert to .doc format if they are exported as selectable Text.

Regards
  •     chris July 30, 2012 10:39AM
    Hi,

We will add BOTH of these options in tonight's 2.8 release.
  •        mohamed July 30, 2012 10:40AM
    Great :). Thank you very much.
  •        CRead August 8, 2012 5:44AM
    View Headers still render as an image, not text.
  •     michael August 9, 2012 10:11AM
    Hi Colin,

This should be fixed in the next nightly build 2.8-alpha b253.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged