Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulae: Rolling (dynamic) moving average - Visokio Forums
Formulae: Rolling (dynamic) moving average
  •     OmarKhan July 25, 2011 10:11AM
    Rolling (dynamic) average function that accommodates multivariate conditions (last 52-week average)
  • 10 Comments
  •     steve July 25, 2011 3:52PM
    Do you mean a formula function, rather than a feature? If you mean the former, this might be achievable using SUBSET functions. If the latter, does moving average in the Graph view Line options help?
  •     sherriff February 12, 2012 6:33AM
    I am having difficulty creating a rolling/dynamic/moving average/total using SUBSET functions.

I have attached a file with daily data and would like to create an annual moving total.
    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could show me the best way to do it.

•     steve February 14, 2012 7:42AM
    See attached
  •     sherriff February 28, 2012 7:04AM
    Steve, thank you for your solution to this. It is very much appreciated and will be used in our training program for all new staff.
  •     Steve_Randall August 19, 2014 9:43AM
    Is it possible to do something similar with a rolling median in Omniscope. I've attached an example of this in Excel
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Attachments
    Rolling Median.xlsx 22K
  •     tjbate August 19, 2014 10:55AM
    Steve - Sure very easy, just use:

SUBSET_MEDIAN... instead of SUBSET_MEAN...
  •     Steve_Randall August 21, 2014 4:25AM
    Thanks Tom, it's the rolling element I'm struggling to replicate, is there a very easy way of doing this?
  •     tjbate August 22, 2014 10:37AM
    Steve - here is a complete syntax including Rank function for uses in cases where the records are not in order, and illustrating the rest of SUBSET clause that defines the range of the subset of records across which the median is to be determined:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2654/formulae-moving-averages-for-daily-datas
  •     tjbate August 22, 2014 10:54AM
    Broadly, an Omniscope SUBSET function has the following syntax:

SUBSET_operation([TargetField]), followed by a Subset clause of the form:

SUBSETN([FieldtoConsider1],[FieldtoConsider2],...[FieldtoConsiderN],
    'DefinedValue1', {DefinedValue2}, ...'DefinedValueN',or [FieldtoConsiderN], for all values
    Operator1, Operator2, ...OperatorN) specifying the comparison to be made for each defined Value in each defined [FieldtoConsider].

{DefinedValue2} would be a Variable, and [FieldtoConsiderN] name is repeated in the case that the defined subset contains all values in the field, and where expressions like ([FieldtoConsiderN]+/- X) are used for calculated results, like going up and down ordered rows by defined increments of time.

Operators must be = for Text/Categories defined values, but can be =, !=, GTE, LTE for Numeric values and Date/Times.

The sample RANKING function file on this page also shows examples of using RANK with SUBSET 'clauses':

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2479/formulae-rank-syntax-ranking-on-aggregated-values-etc
  •     Steve_Randall August 27, 2014 5:17AM
    Got there, thanks Tom

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged