Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: PDF screenshots of Content views using Native Browser - Visokio Forums
Outputs: PDF screenshots of Content views using Native Browser
  •     OliverB August 11, 2015 12:41PM
    Hi,

We are having issues creating PDF reports where we use a content view that contains javascript and html (with css) using the native browser in omniscope.

There are 3 scenarios that cause the issue
    1. Part or all of the view is not on the screen when it is opened to take the screenshot
    2. When the publish is carried out on a scheduler machine
    3. There is another window open on top (I know that there shouldn't really be any screens open, but it is hard not to when the reports cant be run on a scheduler as per point 2)

The issue doesn't happen on views where the native browser is not selected.

Attached is a screenshot of what happens. The part of the view that is off screen shows blacked out, and the part that has another screen open shows that screen.

I am using 2.9-[Hotfix_BatchPublishMethod] b1642 (28-Apr-2015 15:44:00) Build revision:8b20a5fae04b , but there are others in the office using different versions and having the same issue.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix on the way?

Thanks,
    Oliver.
    Attachments
    Content View Issue.png 258K
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate August 11, 2015 12:55PM
    Oliver - There is currently only one setting to increase the Schedulers' delay when rendering PDF screenshots...

What setting are you using here:

Settings > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Web View screenshot grab delay

Is there any effect of increasing this setting?

This is a somewhat known issue we are currently working on to make screenshot grab delays work in all views
  •     OliverB August 12, 2015 4:31AM
    I do not believe it is a delay issue, the view has had time to open and display properly, and works fine as long as it is on the physical screen. I checked the setting and wit was set at 10 seconds, changing it doesn't have any effect.
  • antonio     antonio August 21, 2015 11:07AM
    Hello Oliver,
    Unfortunately this is a known limitation of Omniscope Desktop creating PDF reports of "native browser based" views (e.g. Custom View and Web View)
    In order to generate a report with the Scheduler you will then need a dedicated Desktop session with nothing else going on the screen.
  • antonio     antonio September 11, 2015 2:51PM
    Hello Oliver,

We have fixed these issues affecting all the browser based views (Custom and Web) in the latest Omniscope 2.9 Plus version (build 1766+).
    Please let us have your feedback on this.
  •     OliverB September 14, 2015 4:50AM
    Hi Antonio,

I have been able to test points 1 and 3 above, and they seem to be working fine. I will test this out on a scheduler later today to check point 2.

Thanks,

Oliver.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership