Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Filtering-Pareto - custom ranges? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Filtering-Pareto - custom ranges?
  • VoteVote Up5Vote Down     nevynb February 24, 2011 1:59AM
    Hi - I'm plotting various transactions recorded under a measure called 'amount' and when using amount in the pane by on the vertical axis AND the Pareto functionality the Pareto buckets are created correctly. My question is "can I specify the Pareto intervals, example 0 to 50000, then 50000.01 to 100000 etc? I know I can specify different numbers of intervals but the unfriendly aspect is that it typically starts an interval like 0 to 39347.77 etc which is not really applicable to my data. So whilst the mathematical Pareto works it is nonsensical when applied to my data.
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve February 24, 2011 4:23AM
    Pareto in 2.6 is incomplete, and custom ranges is on the to-do list, although it may not make it into 2.6 - we may only have time to fix the issues with the existing behaviour. I have re-categorised this as an idea.
  •     grahamb March 15, 2013 8:37AM
    Pareto is a crucial tool for data analysis especially when trying to understand customer transaction information. For instance, identifying which customers are responsible for 80% of the business, or which products are responsible for 80% of the business and both. Would be good to see this in 2.8
  •     grahamb March 20, 2013 5:31AM
    Typical Pareto graph examples attached
    Attachments
    PARETO.docx 175K

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership