Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Layout: Identical sizing of views? - Visokio Forums
Layout: Identical sizing of views?
  •        CRead January 21, 2015 10:14AM
    I've not come across a way to do this, but I thought that it may exist somewhere.

Assume I have a tab with eight views - four content and four line graphs - a simple dashboard.

I'd like to lay it out such that scroll bars appear & the axes scale at the same time.

That is to say, I'd like my Content views to be the exact same size as each other, and the same for my Bar/Line views.

When using multi-page document view, this is easy to achieve, as I simply set the view sizes and everything works the way I want, but with the fit to screen layout I can't find a way to control this.

At the moment I 'remedy' this by fiddling with my screen size and adjusting views pixel by pixel until it looks about right, but this is very slow. Ideally, I'd set all views to 50% width and 10/40/10/40% height as appropriate.

As noted in my first sentence though, I've not come across a way to do this.
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola February 3, 2015 10:58AM
    You can read more about the sizing of the views inside the tab in these posts. Please confirm if this solves your problem:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2664/layout-arranging-views-to-always-have-equal-widthheights
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1108/layout-setting-view-sizess
  •        CRead February 19, 2015 8:54AM
    Hi Paola,

This doesn't solve the issue in my case.

The dashboard fits to screen, and has an upper and lower 'section' (height sh, width 100%)
    Each section has a content view (height ch, width 100%) and two bar/line views (height bh, width bw).

I'd like to have
    1) sh1 = sh2 (results from conditions below)
    2) ch1 = ch2
    3) bh1 = bh2 = bh3 = bh4 (1=2 and 3=4 without doing anything)
    4) bw1 = bw2 = bw3 = bw4 (easy enough for 50%)

In short, I can't find a way to do a 4-way vertical split with controllable heights. Things can look okay at a glance, but as screen resolution changes information appears on one row of charts before the others, making clients think that it's broken.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged