Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Layout: Setting View Sizes? - Visokio Forums
Layout: Setting View Sizes?
  •     Maty November 22, 2011 6:06AM
    How do I make sure that my client sees the views correctly independently from his/her screen size?
    Thanks, Matylda
  • 8 Comments
  •     steve November 22, 2011 8:25AM
    Matylda, you have several controls:

- Style > Layout > Document layout (in development in 2.7, unavailable in 2.6)
    - View Tools > Fix view size (locks the height or width of views, so that other views soak up any slack; you must have other views present)
    - Settings > Advanced file settings > Restore window size and position on open (but you need to make sure the window is no bigger than your smallest client screen).
  •     Maty November 22, 2011 10:50AM
    Hi Steve, thank you.
    Question to number 3: Did I understand it correctly? I should build my views with the smallest client screen setting?
    Setting > Windows size > XGA (1024*768)
  •     steve November 22, 2011 11:45AM
    Yes. If your clients have small screens, then you cannot design larger dashboards and expect them to look the same. Unless you are using the new 2.7 multi-page document, which scrolls inside the Omniscope window.
  •     steve November 23, 2011 2:02AM
    Additionally, if you are using the Bar view, you can open the Split or Pane menus and change the options for the ticked items from "Exclude values by screen size (fit to screen)" to "Include all values".

This will introduce scrolling if more values are present than will fit on-screen given the current layout options. To avoid this, try "Layout > Thin Bars" and "Layout > Histogram", or reduce options in the "Tools > Layout" menu, such as "Minimum splits width", "Splits spacing/overlap" and "Cluster spacing".

Note that below a certain interval/splits size, some labels will disappear, since there won't be enough room to display the text.
  •     alec_webliquid August 20, 2012 10:25AM
    I'm having issues with the 'Fix view size' option - currently only with Bar/Line views but I have not tested on others. Essentially the issue is that setting 'Fix view size' on one view unsets it on another.

The file I have attached illustrates this - setting fixed size on one bar/line view unsets it on the one immediately above/below. This is particularly annoying as it is only the bar/lines that I want to keep the same size - the table view at the bottom should change with screen resolution.

Has anyone else noticed (and hopefully solved) this?

Cheers
    Attachments
    view_size_issue.iok 678K
  •     steve August 22, 2012 4:12AM
    The problem is that your Bar views are arranged as 3 horizontal sections, each independently divided vertically into 2. You can't have *all* items in a sequence fix their height/width - this is a limitation of the way fix view size works.

You should rearrange your Bar views (by dragging) so you have 2 vertical sections, each independently divided into 3 horizontal sections. In this way you will actually have one top-level sequence of 4 vertical sections (content, bars, bars, table), and can fix height of all but Table. You will also be able to fix width of 2 out of 3 of the bar views in each row, should you want.

See attached (I've messed up the styles, but you'll see what I mean re fix view size).
    Attachments
    view_size_issue2.iok 680K
  •     alec_webliquid September 12, 2012 5:04AM
    Thanks for that Steve, I have solved the problem but now have another one. I have a bar/line view which I wish to display value labels on top of the bars. The problem is that I cannot get both labels to display (see attached image). I have tried changing the Scale --> Value Label Spacing option, and can get the missing one to display, but then the other one disappears. I have several other identical views that work fine, as did this one until a couple of days ago.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

•     steve September 16, 2012 8:32AM
    It looks like you've got the bar width turned down a fraction too small. When this happens, due to rounding differences, some bars will be a pixel wider than others - meaning the text is deemed to fit only on some bars.

Changing the min bar width slightly should resolve this. If not, please post your IOK.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged