Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Layout: Arranging Views to always have equal width/height? - Visokio Forums
Layout: Arranging Views to always have equal width/height?
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk July 31, 2014 4:29AM
    When I have say, two rows of four Table views on a page, is there a way of arranging them in such a way that they always preserve their RELATIVE width and height to each other?

Currently, when viewing the page on different screen sizes, there is no telling how the Viewer will resize the Table views. No matter how I arrange them on my machine, on any other screen they will appear misalligned, often to the point of illegibility.

Thanks for any help!
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate July 31, 2014 8:53AM
    Alex - Are you viewing IOK files in the free Viewer on different screen sizes, or deploying the HTML5/JS version of the interface/layout to a browser running at different screen sizes?
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk July 31, 2014 8:59AM
    The former. We're distributing the IOK to users internally who all have the free viewer installed. Screen sizes and resolutions are difficult to standardize across the company...
  •     paola July 31, 2014 9:23AM
    You can try ticking the option 'preserve window size' in the Save as dialogue box, so that reports open in a certain size.
  •     michael August 1, 2014 5:43AM
    Hi Alexander,

You need to make sure that you have 2 rows with 4 table views inside them. You can see the layout when you drag and drop views. Also make sure that none of views have fixed width/height. To check, go to each view local menu->Tools->Style->"Fix view size".

I also attached an example with 2 rows of 4 table views which will keep the proportional size when resized.
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk August 1, 2014 5:53AM
    Hi Michael,

thanks, that helped! I was not aware that some of the views had their width or height fixed from previous development. Once I removed the setting they all stayed relative to each other.

Thanks for your help everyone. :)
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership