Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: command line Omniscope? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: command line Omniscope?
  • ncoders May 2, 2014 7:46AM
    Hi, I am new to Omniscope and I just wondered if someone could point me to a tutorial on what I want to to.

I can create a report manually, but now I want to automate the process with scripting. Any ideas on where to start?

Many thanks
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate May 2, 2014 8:34AM
    Mark- If you have Desktop Edition, you will not see Server Edition tools like the Scheduler. Scheduler is a separate Java process bundled only in Server Editions that permit you to define both chronological and event-driven automation.

See, for example, this discussion:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1982/scheduler-running-from-a-3rd-party-applications

Alternatively, click on the 'Scheduler' tag at right and see all discussions tagged 'Scheduler'
  • ncoders May 2, 2014 11:36AM
    Hi,
    So what I am really after is a solution that does not involve the Server Edition. I am proficient in scripting and I am looking for a way of automating without the cost of the server edition.
  •     tjbate May 2, 2014 11:53AM
    What tasks/process were you trying to automate? What is your OS & scripting language?

IOK files can be configured to be self-refreshing, and self-publishing. If you configure the Source and Output blocks in your IOK files like this, then each time the IOK file is opened, the IOK file will refresh from all Sources, update all Views and generate all the Outputs defined inside the IOK file.

Although Desktop Editions have only a limited Batch Publishing Output feature that allows you to fully personalise the content and distribution modes for only a few recipients, you can at least test this feature using a Desktop Edition.

Generally speaking, chronologically-driven automation means running the IOK files on a 24/7 server machine that is never switched off, which is why all of the task automation is usually done using a Server Edition.
  • ncoders May 8, 2014 7:01PM
    Thank you for your help so far.

I have the .iok file, I think if I could make it self refreshing and self publishing then I think that would solve my problems. How do I do this?

I have a script outside of omniscope that loads csv files into a directory, I just want to setup omniscope so that once a week it automatically publishes the output.
  •     tjbate May 12, 2014 8:43AM
    Mark

See this related thread....the examples given should give you both a manual Desktop-only option, and a Server/Scheduler event-driven option:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2547/refresh-iok-saved-with-mobile-server-not-auto-refreshings

Let me know if you want a Server trial key

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership