Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Versions: 2.7 to 2.8 Server transition issue - Visokio Forums
Versions: 2.7 to 2.8 Server transition issue
  •     DominicChan October 14, 2013 5:27AM
    We have noticed a bug in the new 2.8 (new release candidate) server where fields that were turned into "Category" format for grouping do not appear in "Category" type any more when the report is run through the 2.8 server.

This makes the correctly grouped table in 2.7 to display incorrectly after being saved down through the server.

Can you advise if this can be rectified in later versions of 2.8?

Thanks
    Dom
  • 10 Comments
  •     DominicChan October 15, 2013 4:37AM
    Hi
    Any updates on the above issue?
    Thanks
    Dom
  •     chris October 15, 2013 4:50AM
    Hi Dominic,

Would it be possible to arrange a screen-share with you? Can you let me know a convenient day/time?

Thanks
  •     DominicChan October 15, 2013 4:59AM
    Hi Chris

Yes screen share is good today any time outside 1530-1700, but wondering if the below descriptions suffice?

The issue flagged is that in 2.7, when a field is changed to "Category" format (which is not available to do in 2.7 within Data Manager tab), when the report is ran on our 2.8 server, the format change is forgotten. Meaning tables that are grouped by these fields are no longer grouped properly.

I can change the format of the fields to "Category" where necessary within Data Manager in 2.8, this potentially rectifies the bug, but that will mean I need to go into all my reports and do the same for all fields needed to be in "Category" format, which is ultra time consuming, especially fields that are created in the Field Manager by pressing Ctrl+F, for these I will be having to delete them all and recreate them within Data Manager.

Dom

•     chris October 15, 2013 5:09AM
    In 2.8 we added the ability to select a field as "category" in DataManager. This was necessary to allow automatic creation of reports. I think it would be useful to see your problem firsthand, does 1:00PM sound OK?
  •     DominicChan October 15, 2013 5:11AM
    Yes, 1pm is good. my email is dominic.chan@investec.co.uk, please do email me there to let me know what needs doing for the screen-share
  •     ygulla October 16, 2013 5:11AM
    This is affecting me as well. We have a large number of operational reports and it's not feasible to go through them all and make the change unfortunately.

Update: Further, if the file is opened in 2.8 with stale data, all the Category fields are classified as such in data manager. It is only after updating data from source that their type changes.
  •     chris October 16, 2013 5:36AM
    Hi,

I've sent you both a private email.
  •     chris October 21, 2013 9:55AM
    Hi,

We have put a fix in for this issue. The fix will be available in tonight's 2.8 release (b1124). Can you let us know if this resolves your problem?

Regards

Chris
  •     s_daffern October 22, 2013 6:03AM
    Hi when is this release going live. I also have the same issue.

Thanks

Ste
  •     ygulla November 5, 2013 5:35AM
    Just to confirm that build 1127 (and I assume later ones) that is available from the download page have solved the problem for us.

One thing to note is that if we saved the reports with the issue in previous build of 2.8 it won't disappear but that's to be expected.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership