Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar/Line View: Freezing the Y-axis? - Visokio Forums
Bar/Line View: Freezing the Y-axis?
  • VoteVote Up3Vote Down     ALC November 12, 2012 5:23AM
    Hi - How do I 'freeze' the y-axis display so that it is always in view even while I am scrolling horizontally the full length of the view? I do not want to use 'fit to screen' view due to the number of bars I need to display.

Thank you in advance - Anna
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola November 12, 2012 5:36AM
    I guess you are using the Bar/Line View, and you should look under the Split menu, next to your split variable, and choose option 'Limit number of intervals to' and select the number.
    (click on the word 'Auto intervals' for a list of options)
  •     ALC November 12, 2012 5:55AM
    Thanks Paola -

I don't think I explained myself very well - I want to include all the data that is selected but when it is put into the bar/line view it doesn't fit on the screen (this is fine) and you would need to scroll, however when you scroll the axis disappears meaning there is no longer a scale on the graph - I've attached screen shots showing what I mean.

Is there a way to keep the y-axis in view even when I've scrolled to the right?

Thanks
    Anna
    Attachments
    Freezing y-axis.docx 38K
  •     tjbate November 15, 2012 4:14AM
    Annna - Unfortunately, no, this has not yet been implemented but will be at some point. I have re-classified this as an Idea.
  •     paola November 15, 2012 9:01AM
    However....what you could try to do in the meantime is to enable the right hand Y axis to display the same scale. Even if you only have one series shown, you can select it twice in the Measures menu, then next to one of them choose left and next to other one right axis.
    This way, during the horizontal scrolling, you will have either one or the other scale visible on the screen.
    Another alternative is to use the value labels.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership