Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Content View-Spreadsheet cells? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Content View-Spreadsheet cells?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     rajeshbalu29 January 19, 2012 5:22AM
    Please find the attached Excel file in which I am looking for a formula as given in the column T in the attached test file which is referring some weighting values and presenting a point system for the tickets. Can anyone help me to create a weighting function for this under a Content View?
    Attachments
    test.xls 91K
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve January 19, 2012 2:48PM
    (Summary of this idea: a spreadsheet view, which provides a grid of cells supporting full cell references similar to Excel, etc., for free-form modelling)
  •     rajeshbalu29 January 20, 2012 7:36AM
    Any Luck... in getting the function for my above query?
  •     tjbate January 20, 2012 10:15AM
    Rajesh - This example file shows two different ways of doing these types of weighted adjustment calculations;

1.) one option where you import the weights from an outside file and they become a fixed field in the data set (wieghts may be adjusted adjusted on refresh by importing changed values in the separate source weightings file)
    2.) another option where the weights are configured as interactive variables, which can be varied inside the same file by file recipients/users.

Depending on the number of category weights and the degree to which they are fixed, either method may be used.
  •     rajeshbalu29 January 25, 2012 8:59PM
    Thanks but I have tried creating with the the subset unque count function for all the columns and it was bit huge function. Please find the same as below but unfortunately when i closed the report and reopen it I got an error message as attached. Please help me to fix/open it as this report took a lot of time to complete.
    Attachments
    error message.jpg 46K
  •     rajeshbalu29 January 25, 2012 9:02PM
    FYI... I had already started working on this complicated function before I got your solution which you had provided me in our earlier conversation. Attached the formula for your reference after which I got the above error message.
    Attachments
    weightage formula.docx 24K
  •     rajeshbalu29 January 26, 2012 3:49AM
    This has been resolved as I have recreated the whole charts again... Please ignore.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership