Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulae: Calculating differences by time periods (WoW, MoM) - Visokio Forums
Formulae: Calculating differences by time periods (WoW, MoM)
  • Kefsid November 29, 2011 3:35AM
    Could you please help me if there is anyway to show yesterday's data, last week's same day's data, last month's same day data.. I want to compare this weeks data wth last week's data etc..
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate December 1, 2011 7:58AM
    Kefsid - Omniscope supports Java date arithmetic, so date/time columns can be duplicated and displayed various different ways, like week number (1 to 53...). Omniscope also has a RANK function, which can order date/time fields in a ranking column. Once you have the [Ranked Values] field as an index, SUBSET functions can be used with subset clauses that use calculated integer ranking to isolate the base values, i.e.

SUBSET_SUM [DATA FIELD], SUBSET ([RANK],[(RANK-0)])

/

SUBSET_SUM [DATA FIELD], SUBSET ([RANK],[(RANK-7)])
  • Kefsid December 4, 2011 2:38PM
    Hi there,

Could you please be more specific? I couldnt figure it out how to use that formula.. I have purchase date and wanna show transaction of yesterday, last week and last month to compare..
  •     JfJf August 21, 2012 12:34PM
    Hi, Is there a solution for this type of operations in the forum? i.e. Week on week comparison, Year on year comparisson, etc... Here is an example with a basic week on week comparison. What is the best way to display this? using the tables, or the content + function option?? I would like to replicate exactly what I have attached. Is this possible?

Thank you,

JF
    Attachments
    Weekonweekvisokio.xlsx 10K
    Juan FMV.
  •     paola August 21, 2012 12:42PM
    We had a similar case recently - please scroll down the page and have a look.
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/6180/#Comment_6180
  •     JfJf August 22, 2012 6:00AM
    Hi Paola,

I have checked the other discussion, it describes a front end solution to the problem that I am having. My real problem is to create the Week on week column views for the variables, since I have a full time series in my back end data in one column, I would need to do some sort of front end week grouping followed by a 'pivot or de-pivot' operation in order to achieve what I have provided in the example. I have been reading and it seems that the subset function would be able to solve this, but I am not sure were to look. I have included an updated version of the file with an example of the dataset that I would be using to create the table.

Thank you,

JF
    Attachments
    WoW with data.xlsx 13K
    Juan FMV.
  •     paola August 29, 2012 12:27PM
    Please find attached file that uses your data and applies formulas and aggregation to calculate WoW difference in Sum of Clicks and CPC Mean changes...
    Attachments
    WoWdifference.iok 10K

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership