Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Excel file open in another application? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Excel file open in another application?
  • alex7thompson January 19, 2015 11:03AM
    When I try to update an Excel file I get the attached error, even though I do not have the file open in Excel?

Please can I get some assistance.

Attachments
    Problem.PNG 27K
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate January 19, 2015 12:09PM
    Alex:

Are you using the latest version of Omniscope 2.9?

Are you using a DataManager Data file output publishing block to export to Excel, using the Excel direct writer and are you expecting to Replace workbook, Replace worksheet, Replace data or Overwrite data?

Can you post a screenshot of the DM Data file output publishing block with your settings?
  • alex7thompson January 19, 2015 12:14PM
    Hi

I am currently using 2.8.

I am using the Excel direct writer and expecting to replace worksheet. When I try to publish the file omniscope seems to open an temporary excel file that doesn’t appear to me (when I tried to delete these temporary files it said that I already had them open).

Thanks
    Attachments
    Capture.PNG 35K
  •     tjbate January 19, 2015 12:22PM
    Are you running in Scheduler as a Windows service? If so please see this thread:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1586/scheduler-workaround-for-ms-office-applications-readwrite-issues
  • alex7thompson January 22, 2015 5:37AM
    It turns out that when you choose a pivot table to automatically refresh from data, this makes the omniscope raw data output not work. Once I turned off this option everything was fine.

Thanks

Alex
  •     tjbate January 22, 2015 5:50AM
    Yes...using this option in Excel can lock the Excel file and prevent Omniscope from accessing it.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership