Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
DataManager: Grouping blocks in DataManager? - Visokio Forums
DataManager: Grouping blocks in DataManager?
  •     carlosmartinmari December 15, 2014 12:09PM
    I'd like to keep my DataManager views much simpler. For that, sometimes in order to do a specific task we use several blocks that can be connected in a complicated way but conceptually they could be grouped in "black boxes". As for example, I could think of creating a categorization system based on keywords that in the end tag every registry with "type A", "type B", "type C", based on several searches, field manager and joins. This, although conceptually simple, can be difficult to understand at first glance.

I think it would be good for ourselves and for others to understand our DataManager views, if we could just group those fairly complicated blocks into one "black block".
  • 7 Comments
  •     tjbate December 15, 2014 12:26PM
    Carlos - This feature is already available. If you open the blue wrench/spanner icon on the right side of an operations block at the bottom of a series of operations, you should see the option to 'Group Upstream'. This will collapse all the operations and source blocks into single boxes, which you can preview and duplicate etc.
  •     carlosmartinmari December 15, 2014 12:28PM
    oh! thanks, I spent quite some time trying to figure that out and didn't find how. Thanks for the answer :)
  •     tjbate December 15, 2014 12:29PM
  •     carlosmartinmari December 16, 2014 6:11AM
    Thanks, actually I was meaning what eman suggests. Grouping upstream is quite limited when the idea is to group "conceptually similar blocks" (also that would be useful for copying similar methods from one iok to the other). I already voted for that idea to come up, and it must be easy to implement in the program. Thank you again.
  •     chris December 16, 2014 6:17AM
    Hi Carlos,

We are working on improving the way grouping works in DataManager. Would it be possible to register as an Alpha partner? That way we can inform you when any new functionality is available and you can also download Omniscope alpha to try and and test the new functionality.

Regards

Chris
  •     carlosmartinmari December 22, 2014 4:28AM
    Hi Chris,

I'd be pleased. Actually last day talking with Jordi Raich, he told me that since I'm working in Brandchats I should be already alpha partner.

cheers,
  •     mustafa December 22, 2014 4:43AM
    Carlos,

I have made you an alpha partner.

Next time you login you should see Alpha partner posts.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership