Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connectors: Querying API's? - Visokio Forums
Connectors: Querying API's?
  •     acdewinter July 29, 2014 2:28AM
    Hi Visokio,

I have a random question, is there perhaps a way for Omniscope to connect to public/private API's and pull data that way, or is the complexity of how API's operate in general out of scope?

Regards
    Adrian
  • 3 Comments
  •     chris July 29, 2014 6:10AM
    Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the question. Omniscope already connects to many public and private API's. Examples of public API's include Facebook, Doubleclick and Twitter. We also connect to a number of private API's, however these connectors are only visible to users with the appropriate licence permissions. Did you have any API's in mind?
  •     acdewinter July 29, 2014 6:36AM
    Hi Chris,

I was just playing around with an App that I added to google enterprise. The app is managed externally, and according to their site the API can be queried using Json, and was wondering if there is some way to setup a custom api feed or something like that to connect, or would it be better to just query it separately and write to a sql database?

The specific app in mind is www.mavenlink.com

regards,
    adrian
  •     chris July 29, 2014 8:34AM
    Hi Adrian,

The process for requesting a new connector is outlined in the following forum post:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1428/new-connector-development

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged