Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connectors: DoubleClick/DFA API version? - Visokio Forums
Connectors: DoubleClick/DFA API version?
  •     ALC February 6, 2014 6:12AM
    Can you confirm what version the DFA connector is? We have had clients migrate to DCM and the new API's aren't working in Omniscope -

Thanks
    Anna
  • 16 Comments
  •     chris February 6, 2014 6:28AM
    Hi Anna,

Thanks for the question.

In Omniscope 2.8 if you open a DoubleClick connector you can see the DARTAPI version used inside the block (14.2.4).

In Omniscope 2.9 we added support for ReportBuilder (see: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2264). This uses a separate API.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Chris
  •     ALC February 6, 2014 6:37AM
    HI Chris,

So I am unable to access the client data that is in the DCM version of DFA with Omniscope 2.8 - when will the 2.9 version be released? I am concerned that this is in alpha testing still as we have clients who have already moved over

thanks
    Anna
  •     chris February 6, 2014 6:40AM
    Hi Anna,

We don't have any definate release date for Omniscope 2.9, however most of the development in 2.9 is on Omniscope Mobile, so the desktop should be stable. So although this is alpha software, it should be fairly safe to migrate if you need to use ReportBuilder.

Chris
  •     ALC February 6, 2014 7:04AM
    HI Chris

I've downloaded the 2.9 version to test on my desktop however I am not understanding how I should connect - I have a username and password as before but the connector talks about Google billing accounts

thanks
    Anna
  •     chris February 6, 2014 7:37AM
    The ReportBuilder API requires a Google client ID and client secret. If you click on the "Billing account setup help" it should provide you with the instructions for setting this up. Once you have a billing account you can use all the Google services inside Omniscope. Alternatively you can choose to use the test billing account. Once you have entered your billing details click on the "Connect" button and log into your Google account inside the browser.

Chris
  •     ALC February 10, 2014 12:09PM
    Hi Chris

I now get a google error when I try to connect - I sent an email to the support address showing the error that I saw. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Thanks
    Anna
  •     chris February 17, 2014 11:04AM
    Hi,

I've spoken to Anna on the phone. There appears to be an issue with her Google account details which is being investigated.
  •     alec_webliquid February 18, 2014 9:56AM
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the updates. On the same note, we have multiple DoubleClick accounts from which we need to pull data. Having to log in through a browser window each time we wish to get data from a different account is not ideal, as it makes any form of automation with the scheduler impossible. Do you know if this is something that can be overcome?

Cheers
  •     chris February 18, 2014 10:15AM
    Hi Alec,

You should only need to login once per connector. If you save the file then you do not need to login the next time you use it. I don't understand why this is causing problems with the scheduler, are you free for a quick phone call to discuss this? Please feel free to give me a call.

Chris
  •        daniel March 11, 2014 6:27AM
    Hi Chris,

I've also recently had to swap over some reporting to DCM and had a few issues but I got them to work in the end. I noticed that the connector interface is prone to having errors popping up from time to time. As well as being unresponsive when trying to select tickboxes for various activities and metrics that sometimes clicking on them won't actually register the click.

It wasn't very intuitive either to figure out how to select the individual activities. It was a bit buggy when it comes to selecting activities where you have to select "roll up by group" and selecting the group ones before being able to select individual activities within those groups. Is it possible to make it more like the previous connector which had tiered drop down lists for counter activities without having to define which roll-up group they belonged to?

It also seems that the instructions to setup the API access is missing a step, as well as the link is to the previous old Google console link, it's not just enabling the API access on the google API console settings, but you also need to go into the DCM interface and turning on API access there for each user profile and setting a password in the admin section before it would actually select for metrics and activities.
  •     chris March 18, 2014 1:51PM
    Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately the API in it's current state forces to have two separate selectors for the group and activies within the group. We have discussed this with Google and hopeful that they add this feature in the future.

Thanks for letting us know about the instructions, this is something that we have never done ourselves since we are using a test account assigned to us by Google. We will confirm these steps with Google and make the appropriate changes to the help text.
  •     chris March 18, 2014 1:52PM
    Also, if you do notice any errors popping up please report them or let us know so we can report them to Google.
  •     ALC May 1, 2014 4:22AM
    Hi Chris,

We have set several reports up to update using the scheduler and are finding that the API connections are dropping of after a week, meaning that each report has be to opened and manually refreshed once a week. Is there some function that we can enable to ensure that report will maintain the API connection for the duration of the time that it is needed?

Thanks
    Anna
  •     chris May 1, 2014 1:00PM
    Hi Anna,

Thanks for the question. Google have a requirement on their new API that requires a login periodically. I think we would probably need to go back to them to discuss this issue and see if there is a workaround. Before we do this would it be possible to arrange a quick phone call so I can understand what API your using and what types of jobs your running? Please let me know a convenient time, or alternatively give me a call in the office tomorrow (Friday 2nd May) any time during normal office hours.

Thanks
    Chris
  •     ALC May 2, 2014 4:22AM
    Morning Chris,

I am free between 11 and 12 today - could you email me you number and I can call you then if convenient

Thanks
    Anna
  •     chris May 2, 2014 4:24AM
    Hi Anna,

I've sent you a private email.

Regards

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged