Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: Propagate Failure in Chain Actions? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: Propagate Failure in Chain Actions?
  •     ALC January 9, 2014 6:39AM
    I have a Task List with a Chain Action set up with multiple tasks. The Propagate failure box is unticked however when anerror is encountered in one of the tasks, none of the remaining tasks are carried out. The failure action occurs as expected with an email sent with the log

What changes do I need to make to ensure that all the tasks listed below the one containing the error is executed?

Thanks, Anna
  • 3 Comments
  • antonio     antonio January 9, 2014 8:50AM
    Can you send us the config.xml, telling which action is failing?
    Also can you send the server log.txt file?
  •     ALC January 9, 2014 11:37AM
    It is fine if a task listed within the chain action fails - the error log means that we can fix it. What I need is for the task below to start even if the one above has failed - does that make sense?
  • antonio     antonio January 10, 2014 10:24AM
    Hello,

To solve your issue you need to configure two Chain actions, one inside the other.

In your case you have a Chain action A, that contains different File actions X, Y, Z
    You need to change this to a Chain action A containing 3 different Chain actions B, C, D, where each of these will individually contain one or more File actions on a given file.

Then make sure you untick "Propagate Failure" option on the B,C,D Chain actions.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership