Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar/Line View: Conditional colouring - overriding for layered measures? - Visokio Forums
Bar/Line View: Conditional colouring - overriding for layered measures?
  •     TomRiggs November 13, 2013 10:04AM
    I have a view that has 4 measures one bar and three lines. The coloring for the view is a formula field that is based on the value of another calculated field. The bar coloring works fine (with one minor issue but that is for another discussion). However, the problem I have is when I apply an override color, via the Measures Toolbar Item and selecting the Style Options and choosing an Override Color for each line but the lines remain white. I have tried several other approaches but have netted no gain. Any help would be appreciated.
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola November 13, 2013 10:33AM
    Hi Tom,
    You chose an option to colour by the single field [Colour] the Bar/line view, where that particular field is not used. Under that view's colour menu please tick 'measure/layer/stack', or 'smallest element'.
    You should specify the colouring preferences in the Data>Manage fields, where you can pair values in the Category fields with desired colours, or decide that numerical fields should fade from smaller to bigger values (you can pick start, middle, end colours for the range - see here the [DailyAmount] bars).
    Attachments
    Barcolouring.JPG 78K
  •     TomRiggs November 13, 2013 10:41AM
    Problem is that the bar colors are supposed to be one of 3 colors. Red if below the yellow line green if above and blue if no actual sales have been reported.
  •     paola November 14, 2013 6:20AM
    Hi Tom, you could use [Colour] field for stacking, and then option to "colour by smallest element".
  •     TomRiggs November 14, 2013 9:13AM
    I believe that will work. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership