Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sidebar: Pop-up text: how to disable Tooltips? - Visokio Forums
Sidebar: Pop-up text: how to disable Tooltips?
  •     Mees September 27, 2013 4:06AM
    Hi there,

We recently noticed that DataExplorer contains legacy information regarding historic source files when hovering over a filter field in the filter panel. I can imagine this can be useful, but more in a DM development environment and not in DataExplorer where people are using data without knowing anything about the workflows underneath.

How can we disable this as in our case it is showing information we do not want to share.

Hope you can help
    Thanks, Arjan
  • 9 Comments
  •     paola September 27, 2013 5:01AM
    Thanks for reporting this, can you please send us a screenshot?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 27, 2013 5:20AM
    Hi Paola,

Hereby a screenshot that clearly shows the situation that Arjan mentioned.
    Attachments
    Legacy fields.png 25K
  •     paola September 27, 2013 10:03AM
    There is a way to prevent the pop-up text:
    Settings > Tooltips > tick the fields in the list where you wish to disable the pop-up
  • Alexander     Alexander September 27, 2013 10:31AM
    Hi Paola,

I must be doing something wrong, but ticked or not. Pop-ups are showing anyway.

Hope you can help us.
    Thanks
  •     mustafa September 30, 2013 9:30AM
    Alexander,

We have added two options in the "Unlink from source" scheduler action from 2.9 build b489 onwards which should help you remove information about the source files.

1. Clear source names from the field tooltips: If ticked, will remove the source names from appearing in the field tooltips.

2. Remove all the blocks from the DataManager model: If ticked, will remove all the blocks from the DataManager workflow.

•     Mees October 1, 2013 9:07AM
    Thanks Mustafa,

We just moved all our processes to 2.8 and therefore need this in 2.8 as well. What are the possibilities to get this working in 2.8? Alexander (above) has tested Paola's solution, but this doesn't work.

Many thanks
    Arjan
  •     mustafa October 2, 2013 6:01AM
    Arjan as 2.8 b1113 the same options will also be available in 2.8.
  •     Mees October 3, 2013 7:10AM
    Hi Mustafa, not sure what you mean here. do you mean 2.9 b495?
    And in which 2.8 build will it be available?
  •     mustafa October 3, 2013 9:19AM
    Arjan, Thanks for pointing it out, I was meant to say 2.8 b1113 - I accidentally quoted latest release of 2.9. I have corrected my post to point to the correct build number.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged