Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: Crossing time zones in version 2.7? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: Crossing time zones in version 2.7?
  •     rajeshbalu29 June 20, 2012 1:38AM
    Hi All,
    There is a issue in a bar chart axis as attached 2 snapshots one from a licensed version which displays the months properly but if I send the same IOK file to the user who is having a free Viewer access with build 296, the month in axis starts with one month before. Please find the below attached snapshot and let me know icase of any updates on the same.

Regards, Rajesh B
  • 7 Comments
  •     tjbate June 20, 2012 7:33AM
    Rajesh - This is a known issue that has already been fixed in version 2.8. It is caused by opening files around the world using machines whose locales/clocks are set to different time zones.

While using version 2.7, you will need to either author IOK files in the timezone of the intended recipient, or employ formulas that will force a recalc TEXTTODATE on open to convert the shipping text-typed dates into a real date/time fields suitable for use in date arithmetic if required.
  •     rajeshbalu29 June 20, 2012 9:10PM
    Thanks for your updates Thomas. Can you also give me some example formula on how to hard code the date/time fields?

Regards
    Rajesh B
  •     tjbate June 22, 2012 7:22AM
    Rajesh - The most commonly used function to read text values and interpret/convert the text into the correponding continuous Date/Time value is:

TEXTTODATE(text_value, custom_format, lenient, time zone value)
    In scripts:
    textToDate(text_value, custom_format, lenient, time zone value)

If custom_format is specified, this is a custom date format pattern such as "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss". If not specified, the default format for the current data locale will be used.

If lenient parameter is omitted or is set to 'true', this controls whether non-existent dates/times are permitted, such as 29 February on a non-leap-year (corrected to 1 March). Times after midnight and before 1:00 am which should be skipped on the day the time zone changes to daylight savings time are also illegal in Java, but should be permitted if lenient is set to 'true'.

If time zone value is specified (as it always should be), this controls how Omniscope interprets time values. If not specified, the text being converted will be assumed to be a Date/Time from the same time zone as the system.

The DATETOTEXT and TEXTTODATE functions allow you to specify time zones. Valid formats are as follows:

"GMT-08:00" or "GMT-8".
  •     steve June 22, 2012 9:59AM
  •     rajeshbalu29 August 8, 2013 6:52AM
    Hi all,
    Users from different locations are still facing the month shifting issue when I refresh the data from APAC. Can anyone please let me know what would be the fix for this issue?
    Regards
    Rajesh
  •     tjbate August 8, 2013 4:43PM
    Rajesh - all these users should update to version 2.8...
  •     rajeshbalu29 August 13, 2013 9:40AM
    Thanks for your response...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership