Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Aggregation: all dates into one date? - Visokio Forums
Aggregation: all dates into one date?
  • amitbdesai August 8, 2013 1:02PM
    There are so many dates in table, but i want to convert 5 different dates in to one.
    For e.g: there are 10 times this date 8/1/2013 with different value in revenue.
    But i want to aggregate all this into one with aggregation of sum of revenue and only one time date i.e 8/1/2013.
    How can i do this?
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate August 8, 2013 3:36PM
    Amit - First of all, check to see if your data typing for the [Date] field is true Date/Time, or Text. ..(you can duplicate the column and data type the values both ways to give you more options for filtering and visualisation). Also check to see that the date formatting is uniform in the [Date] field, and if necessary explicitly set the save as Date format in a DataManager Field Organiser block to impose uniformity.

Then, using either an Aggregation block in DataManager (better) or the in-view Aggregation drop down menu, set the aggregation to split by [Date], setting the aggregation function for that field to Singleton value for Text, or just the default Mean for true Date/Times. Remember that for non-Text fields, the Mean or average of a group of the same values is that same value.

Make sure the aggregation function for Revenue is set to Sum...
  • amitbdesai August 8, 2013 4:24PM
    Hi thanks tjbate for your help. I got you right in most of the stuff. But, I am still far away from my answer. Actually problem is:
    Date Revenue
    Aug 1, 2013 $250.00
    Aug 1, 2013 $500.00
    Aug 1, 2013 $600.00
    Aug 1, 2013 $700.00
    Now i want to make this table in to like this:

Aug 1, 2013 $2050.00

Well, this is how i want to make this aggregate table.

Thanks in Advance.
  • amitbdesai August 8, 2013 4:51PM
    hey actually i got the answer,
    when i was playing in DataExplorer section i got my answer there when i clicked Aggregate:Date function below the graph.
    Anyway thanks for your help.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership