Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pivot View: Export pivoted data now enabled - Visokio Forums
Pivot View: Export pivoted data now enabled
  •     alexPIB May 30, 2013 4:05AM
    Pivot View version 2 (version 2.8) does not allow you to 'Ctrl+A', 'Ctrl+C' like you can in Pivot View 1 (version 2.7).
    Are there any plans to make exporting data as a pivot easier?

I seem to remember an 'export as pivot' option on a 2.7 build a while ago but now it no longer exists?
  • 21 Comments
  •     acohen June 14, 2013 12:09PM
    I second that.
  •     steve June 17, 2013 4:00AM
    You can still use version 1 of the Pivot view if you need this functionality. See the View Tools menu, "View version".

However we are planning on reintroducing this in Pivot v2, in the next 2 weeks.
  •     chris June 19, 2013 4:11AM
    Hi,

We have now added the ability to copy data from the pivot view. This will appear in Omniscope 2.8, however at the moment we have implemented this in a separate 2.8 feature release. This has been done because Omniscope 2.8 is currently the stable release, so we need to be sure that any new functionality we put in does not introduce any problems. You can download this from:

http://www.visokio.com/download/?branch=beta-rc&feature=Hotfix_Pivot_view_copy_paste

Please test this functionality and let us know if you encounter any problems using it. Once this has undergone a short period of testing we will integrate it into the main release.
  •     jonacostes June 20, 2013 10:30AM
    It worked great!
  •     chris July 9, 2013 4:21AM
    Hi,

The copy/paste feature has now been integrated with the latest release of Omniscope 2.8 (b1033).
  •     Mees July 22, 2013 5:22PM
    Hi there. Pivot2 is great! The Copy All (Ctrl+A) does not copy the total column on the right. While selecting by hand is does copy. Is there a reason for this?
    Would be useful
  •     Mees July 22, 2013 5:26PM
    Just tested again and it does work when the vertical ax is split on two fields which are 1:1

However, when you split on two fields that are 1:n it doesn't copy the All column
  •     Mees July 23, 2013 9:03AM
    Hi

Keep struggling with copy and paste from the pivot2.
    Apologies in case I repeat questions from others.

1. Ctrl+A does not copy all the tables exceeds the screensize (scrolling to the right). It only copies what is shown on screen.

2. In addition when I select manually the missings columns (missing from the ctrl+a), it still copies only what is on screen.

3. When multiple measures are selected, the measures are not pasted in eg Excel. Only the horizontal split is pasted.

can you please help? Thanks

•     steve July 23, 2013 9:56AM
    We'll take a look.
  •     chris July 24, 2013 6:47AM
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting these problems. We are investigating and hope to have them fixed in the next few days.

Regards

Chris
  •     chris August 8, 2013 5:00AM
    Hi,

We've now fixed these issues. Can you download the latest version of 2.8 or 2.9 and let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Chris
  • Alexander     Alexander August 8, 2013 8:28AM
    Arjan is on annual leave, so I cheched this and it seems to work.
    Thank you. I will ask Arjan to confirm this next week.

Thanks!
  • Alexander     Alexander August 8, 2013 9:02AM
    Chris,

On my laptop with full omniscope license it works. Alle Hans (my colleague) uses a Mac running the online viewer (2.8 build 1082). When he copies the pivot table to excel the top row has moved one position to the left. (see screen prints attached)

Hope you can fix this too.

Thanks!
  •     chris August 8, 2013 9:18AM
    Hi Alexander,

Can you test this with the old pivot view (you can switch in Tools>Other>View version). Does the same thing happen?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 8, 2013 9:31AM
    Pivot 1 also shifts the first row one position to the left. The last column (TOTAL) is not copied at all.
  •     chris August 8, 2013 9:37AM
    Hi Alexander,

This is an issue that we are investigating. When you copy the pivot view data Omniscope creates a HTML table. This allows us to make the row/column headers bold. For some reason some people are seeing an issue where HTML is not supported, and plain-text is being used. Another client has reported this issue and we are investigating, however unfortunately we don't have a fix at the moment as we are still trying to investigate the cause of this problem.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 8, 2013 10:00AM
    On my laptop it works, my colleague is using a Mac to do this. Could this be a lead for your investigation?

Thanks in advance.
  •     chris August 8, 2013 10:51AM
    Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately we have seen this issue on a Windows PC too.
  •     chris August 12, 2013 4:25AM
    Hi Alexander,

Can you check whether the following setting is enabled:

Settings > Advanced > Misc > Disable HTML MIME type in clipboard

If this is selected, then this is likely to be the cause of the copy/paste issue in the Pivot1/Pivot2 views.

If this issue is not selected and you are still experiencing this problem then please let me know. We have created a separate release of Omniscope that contains some debug information that should help us to identify/fix this issue.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 12, 2013 5:17AM
    Hi Chris,

The setting was not selected. So there is nothing changed in the pasted result.
    What version should we install for further debugging?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership