Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Versions: Upgrading to version 2.8 ?? - Visokio Forums
Versions: Upgrading to version 2.8 ??
  •     enrico68 July 30, 2013 10:51AM
    We are currently using version Visokio Server Edition 2.7, that is the latest stable release.
    After having seen the last release notes, we would like to consider the idea to upgrade to version 2.8 (unfortunately this version is still a beta version).

In particular we are interested in the improvements of version 2.8 on
    - aggregation function,
    - pivot view
    - the new radar view.

So, I'd like to ask if it can be safe to pass to version 2.8, considering that is only a beta release.

Is there any idea about when version 2.8 will became a stable release?

Thanks
  • 8 Comments
  •     tjbate July 30, 2013 7:14PM
    Enrico - It will not be long now...we are watching the incoming bug reports and fixing them fast...considering that no other software or other processes are potentially affected, only human visualisation of reports/dashboards, I would say it is better to go to 2.8 beta now and test all your reports, so that any bugs you encounter can be fixed in the next few weeks.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 2, 2013 7:22AM
    Dear Thomas,

I noticed this topic, that made me do some testing on our schedulers in 2.8.
    First of all, the improved scheduler interface works great.
    Yet I tested a rather simple sequence of actions and the testing did not end. There was no result of the test and the scheduler was not responding anymore.

Hope you can fix this soon? Thanks. If helpfull, I am available for skype or join.me session.
  •     steve August 3, 2013 12:50AM
    Please confirm what version of 2.8 you've been using. There was a glitch we fixed around 2 weeks ago.

What were you doing, precisely, and how were you running the Scheduler?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 5, 2013 4:54AM
    Hi Steve, we are using 2,8 b 1066. I have a chain action. If you click "OK" when configuring the chain action, the interface prompts whether you want to test the action.
    If choose Yes, the testing starts. After a few minutes I normally (in 2.7) get the testing results. Now I get nothing at all, but the scheduler is not 'clickable', it seems like the scheduler did not finish testing or something like that.
  •     steve August 6, 2013 4:34AM
    Alexander - could we arrange a screenshare?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 6, 2013 4:35AM
    Sure, I am available all day.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 6, 2013 4:35AM
    Do you want me to install the latest build?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 7, 2013 1:21PM
    Issue fixed in 2.8 b 1082. Thank you Steve!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged