Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Sources - JSON files? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Sources - JSON files?
  • VoteVote Up5Vote Down     ChloeWalton July 2, 2013 8:04AM
    Hi has anyone successfully imported a JSON File into data manager? or know if it is supported? Thx
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate July 2, 2013 9:24AM
    Chloe - JSON is typically converted to XML if it is used as a data transfer format...there are many tools that can do this...Omniscope can handle the XML...

If this is important enough, we may be able to add the JSON/XML conversion as a Connector or extension to our XML mapping...
  •        daniel July 2, 2013 10:44AM
    I would like to see a JSON connector as well, I'm not fluent in any scripting language but it should be possible to use the script connector to parse JSON, also I know in R you can parse JSON so that could be bought into Omniscope that way too.

•     steve July 3, 2013 10:18AM
    It's a good idea, and I've classified it as such - please vote.

Please also post a few different examples of real-world JSON you want import, either as code or as URLs.
  •     sherriff July 7, 2014 5:01AM
    I would also appreciate a json parsing connector
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON
  •     richard July 7, 2014 5:22AM
    Hi Chris

Do you have any particular JSON files that you want to import into Omniscope?

Supplying sample files will help us ensure that the connector is flexible enough for your needs.

Thanks
  •     carlosmartinmari January 21, 2015 8:20AM
    In the meantime, you can also use an R input block an read a JSON file by that. You can use rjson libraries for that.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership