Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Layout: Sub-tabs and moving tabs (2.8+)? - Visokio Forums
Layout: Sub-tabs and moving tabs (2.8+)?
  •     Phillipa June 6, 2013 4:28AM
    Hi, You are going to think i am very stupid, but ...

How do I move Tabs? Before you could drop and drag them easily, this no longer works and I've just created a error reprot trying to do this in the manage tabs menu.

Thanks, Phillipa
  • 9 Comments
  •     Phillipa June 6, 2013 7:01AM
    Hi Guys,

The grouping function under manage tabs seems to have moved all tabs in each group into the reverse order and I still don't know how to move tabs.....

Phillipa
  •     Phillipa June 6, 2013 7:07AM
    Ok,

I can now drag and drop in "manage Tabs" - a big relief!

Phillipa
  •     Phillipa June 6, 2013 9:52AM
    Maybe I am doing something wrong.........but I have reordered my tabs using "manage tabs" by dragging and dropping tabs. I have also created groups, which looks really good...

BUT now when I use my next and back buttons I jump to tabs in the wrong order
    i.e. in the order they were before I rearranged them.

I am now jumping from tab 3 to tab 13 using the next arrow!!!

Can you help?

Phillipa
  •     mustafa June 6, 2013 1:41PM
    Phillipa,

Can you ensure you are using the latest build and then try again.

If the problem is still present after upgrading, can you post a sample file or alternatively, send the file to "support [at] visokio.com".
  •     Phillipa June 7, 2013 3:49AM
    Hi Mustafa,

I just downloaded the latest build and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks
    Phillipa
  •     mustafa June 7, 2013 4:44AM
    Thanks Phillipa for letting us know. For the benefit of other users, if you are experiencing the same problem as Phillipa where dragging tabs is not working please see the following Forum post for the solution:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/7683/#Comment_7683
  •     Phillipa June 7, 2013 8:42AM
    THanks Mustafa,

Now I can drag and drop on the tab bar.

The multi-level tab bar is also great - with 60 slides a much better overview.

One question. All tab bars are set to "show on hover". I would like to change this to "show". Is it possible to do it for all tabs at once? I tried holding down "ctrl" but it didn't work.

Phillipa
  •     mustafa June 10, 2013 5:15PM
    Phillipa,

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you are enjoying the new functionality. Regarding your question above, unfortunately, it is not currently possible to apply that setting to all tabs in the way you describe.

However, we will look into adding an option for this in Omniscope, but I cannot guarantee if it will be in 2.8.

In the meantime, a workaround is to create a new Style preset (Style > Edit style preset...) with just a single setting which controls the Tab toolbar setting.

Once you have added the newly created style preset, simply ctrl click from the Style menu - it will not only apply the settings to the current tab, but will also prompt you to apply to all tabs.

NOTE: This technique can also be used for other settings which are available to configure from a preset.

Let me know if you need any help with this.
  •     Phillipa June 11, 2013 5:55AM
    Thanks Mustafa,

It works well using the preset styles and is also possible from the main toolbar under

tab > tab settings >tab bar > show

Phillipa

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership