Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Layout - Automatically insert/update tab numbers? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Layout - Automatically insert/update tab numbers?
  • VoteVote Up3Vote Down     Phillipa June 6, 2013 3:58AM
    Hi,

I am trying to put a tab number at the bottom of each tab of a large presentation.

I am sure there is a way to do it but can't seem to find it.......

Can someone help me?

Thanks
    Phillipa
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate June 6, 2013 7:25AM
    Phillipa - You can reveal the tab footer space at the bottom of each tab from:

Style > Footer

You can type in any text and style it however you like, even use HTML and images....the link drop-down will allow you to add links to other tabs by name or number...

But the process to type the tab number is manual....there is no equivalent of a text-processing '&P' symbol in the footer that will be automatically replaced by the tab number...
  •     Phillipa June 6, 2013 9:31AM
    Hi Tom

Yes, I already use the tab footer to manually type the tab numbers.

Ideally I had hoped that it would become automated as I have a presention of 60 tabs and need to insert new tabs sometimes. This means manually going through every tab to change the footers, which is very time-consuming as each tab takes time to open.

It would also be nice to be able to create links to tabs with the numbering automatically updated in front of the name so that as the order changes so does the numbering, just like at the top with the tab bar.

Maybe in the future?

Phillipa
  •     tjbate June 7, 2013 4:46AM
    I have converted these to Ideas....basically to have a little insertable 'macro' code for the Content View that displays and updates the (updated) tab number on a given (re-orderable) tab.

Note: the Tab Footer window is really just another Content View...
  •     Phillipa June 7, 2013 8:29AM
    THanks Tom

Sometimes it's the small things that take so much time!!

Phillipa

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership