Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: Launch from Desktop? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: Launch from Desktop?
  •     cgamolo June 3, 2013 3:16PM
    Hello,
    We just upgraded to 2.8-beta b952. Where is the option to Edit tasks for the Scheduler? I only now see "Edit Settings" but cannot access the list of tasks. We are using the same config.xml file as before and this has content. Visokio Enterprise is running a service in the background.
  • 7 Comments
  •     cgamolo June 3, 2013 5:37PM
    Please disregard I was able to find the Edit Configuration option, however, is there a way to create a shortcut to this. Previously, we were able to open the Scheduler and edit tasks separately from the actual Omniscope application.

BTW, thank you for making these changes to the Scheduler interface. This helps a lot.
  •     tjbate June 4, 2013 6:03AM
    Catherine - The Scheduler is a separate application, and you can place a desktop icon to launch the Scheduler directly...from version 2.8 it is now called Server, because starting with version 2.9, it will handle more server-side tasks than just Task List scheduling.

In Windows, search for all the Omniscope programs, right-click on Server and choose 'Send to desktop' to place launch icon on the desktop. The executable is called OmniscopeEnterprise.exe
  •     tjbate June 4, 2013 6:10AM
    Note that if you are running Server as a Windows service, with no desktop visible, you will need to use a separate spare key installation to manage the Task List from a shared location. In this case, it is the spare key installation that needs the desktop launch icon, not the production server.
  •     tjbate June 4, 2013 6:13AM
    Details on configuring Scheduler to place the Task List in a shared location accessible to both the production server (running without login or desktop interface) and the spare key desktop installation used to maintain the shared Task List is here:

http://www.visokio.com/kb/shared-task-list
  •     cgamolo June 4, 2013 10:55AM
    Hi Thomas,
    I am seeing the Omniscope Server, however, when the window for that application opens, I don't see the option to Edit/Configure tasks as we used to see in the 2.8 version. See screenshot.
    Attachments
    Omniscope Server.jpg 16K
  • antonio     antonio June 4, 2013 1:19PM
    Hello Catherine,
    We are implementing a fix for that issue, and it will be available shortly.
  • antonio     antonio June 4, 2013 3:24PM
    The fix is available from tomorrow, build 2.8-beta b959+

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged