Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Subset functions: Examples of syntax? - Visokio Forums
Subset functions: Examples of syntax?
  • nicci113 May 21, 2013 6:49AM
    Can we merge certain specific rows? and combine into 1 new row? e.g.
    within row you have
    abc
    def
    ghi
    I want to merge the content of abc and ghi and call it =abc2, at the same time can i use the total of this new row abc2 and use the total for further calc and ignore ghi completely...
  • 5 Comments
  • nicci113 May 21, 2013 9:22AM
    Hey, I've managed to join the two files but still couldn;'t understand how to do the calc. I still want to use where I define Where
    Product " Service No " car sales "
    Pure 19 120
    Non Pure 11 34
    Random 17 56
    I want a formula to say, look for "pure" within product and divide 120/19 in new column
  • nicci113 May 21, 2013 9:26AM
    the logic would be:

where product=pure
    car sales/service
    what formula can it be?
  • nicci113 May 21, 2013 10:35AM
    Thanks Paola fixed it now.. still trying to get the hang of Omniscope.
    The guide for Subset formulas, is not very clear for beginners :(
  •     paola May 21, 2013 10:49AM
    Please see attached demo file, illustrating use of Subset functions.

In the Content View toolbar, click Edit to reveal the function markers, then click on each function and choose edit to see the Subset function syntax generating the answer to each question. Try changing the data and watch the answers change...

SUBSET functions are not available in spreadsheets, so we had to create the syntax ourselves. That is why it is unfamiliar.
  • nicci113 May 21, 2013 11:43AM
    That is a very good guide, seen this also shows what can be done, but guess due to my vision been a bit narrow I can;t try certain things but its deffo a great help. Thanks

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged