Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Formulae: Text Fill Down? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Formulae: Text Fill Down?
  •        hgross May 15, 2013 2:07PM
    Is there a way to fill blank rows from data above in the same column? It might be easier to see the attached screenshot.

I essentially want all of the blank rows to be filled in with the text above until it reaches the next text string.

Thanks!
    Attachments
    Fill.PNG 14K
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola May 16, 2013 5:20AM
    If the empty cells have the same value in one of the other fields in your data set (e.g. records above or below have the same Campaign name), you could use the Subset formulas, in a new formula field:

SUBSET_LASTNONNULL([Package], SUBSET([Campaign]))

or

SUBSET_FIRSTNONNULL([Package], SUBSET([Campaign]))

depending on the data pattern.

If you are happy with the outcome, you can convert the formula results to static values, then delete the original field with incomplete values.

Please note there are other ways to achieve this, Regex probably being the most effective one, but the Subset formula is probably an easier option.
  • martins2 May 16, 2013 11:02AM
    Hi,

I have to do this often and use a modification of the subset solution above.

Add a new field called "Row" and enter the formula CURRENTROW()

In a new field add the formula:

SUBSET_LASTNONNULL([Package], SUBSET([Row], [Row], "<="))
  •     steve May 17, 2013 6:10AM
    I've reclassified this as an Idea - a "Fill Down" operation in DataManager and in the Data > Operations menu - to avoid cumbersome workarounds.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership