Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Exporting to Excel xlsm/xlsx? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Exporting to Excel xlsm/xlsx?
  • Mai April 19, 2013 1:16AM
    Hi, I'm using Omniscope 2.6 (build 774) to extract 300,000 transactions into Excel. It does not allow for this extraction in 1 go. I then have to extract 64,000 transactions at a time. The defaulted Excel type is xls. Is there any way to extract all 300,000 transactions in 1 hit?
    Thanks for your advice.
    Regards, Mai
  • 6 Comments
  •     chris April 19, 2013 4:23AM
    Hi Mai,

Thanks for the question.

The maximum number of rows that you can export to an XLS file (Excel 97-Excel 2003) is 65,536. You should consider exporting to an XLSX file (Excel 2007+), where the maximum number of rows supported is 1,048,576. Alternatively you could export to a CSV file. There is no limitation on the number of records you can write to CSV, and Excel supports opening CSV files.

You are using a fairly old version of Omniscope (2.6 b774). If possible, please upgrade to the latest stable version (2.7 b478). There are many new features, performance improvements and bug fixes in this version.
  • Mai April 21, 2013 7:09PM
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your quick reply. The problem is it didn't allow me to export to Excel. Is that related to the licence type?
  •     tjbate April 22, 2013 3:37AM
    Mai- If you are using a free Viewer, you will only be able to export data to Excel if the Publisher of the file is using a ServerPlus license, which can create IOK files with export to Excel and other operations enabled in the free Viewer. If the Publisher is using a Desktop, then free Viewers will not be able to export to Excel.
  • Mai April 23, 2013 9:21PM
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I've just checked with my client, he is using Omniscope Pro Workgroup. He's been able to extract to csv. Now however, he wants to extract from Omniscope to xlsx, not having to go via csv.

I'm using DataManager, and the extraction is very straight-forward for me, all extracted in one go to xlsx.
  •     chris April 24, 2013 4:21AM
    Hi,

Your client should be able to extract to XLSX as long as you are not attempting to publish more than 1,048,576 records. What version of Omniscope is your client using? What error message is being shown?
  •     chris April 24, 2013 9:00AM
    Hi,

Im a bit confused as to what the exact problem your experiencing here is. Would it be possible to arrange a short phone call to discuss this? Please contact support@visokio.com to arrange this.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership