Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Pivot View - Colouring of cells by formula measures? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Pivot View - Colouring of cells by formula measures?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     jonacostes February 12, 2013 4:22PM
    Hi - I'm using 2.8 version, when using Pivot View in DataExplorer tab. I added a formula (new in this version) It works BUT I don't find how to color automatically by using validation. Usually we use the Data > Manage Fields option and then we specify the color parameters for the field, but because the pivot cell formula is created only within the Pivot View (and not as a calculated field added to the underlying data sets), how can colouring be specified in this case?

I also created the calculated field in the Tables View but when selecting in the Pivot view, the formula just aggreated the calculation.

Hope you can help me. Best regards,
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate February 15, 2013 2:48PM
    Jonathan - Sorry, but really do not understand this..

On the Pivot View Value dropdown, you are picking your blue formula field (what is new?) Does your formula field output Text? What pivot cell function are you choosing to be applied to the value in each cell?

Within the Pivot View, cells colouring is either relative to rows or columns inside the pivot table according to settings in Style > Data colours > {Continuous} > (pallette choice)

and also the setting in Pivot View: Tools > Other > Colour relative to

Are you trying to category-colour the Categories on the X and Y axes of the Pivot View? They currently only show on a white background...

•     jonacostes March 4, 2013 5:31PM
    Let me explain in another way... when using pivot view I'm able to configure graded colors by using "according to value field" and configuring it on "Manage fields" and then by configuring a graded color definition, BUT when I create a formula within the pivot view I'm not able to configure graded colors by using defined ranges it appears in yellow permanently.

According with your last comment this possibility is not currently in the system is this correct?

Thanks again
  •     steve March 5, 2013 4:47AM
    Understood - it's a formula *measure*, not a formula field. In which case, graded colouring isn't yet supported - as such, I've classified this as an Idea.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership