Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: Converting Numeric to Date? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: Converting Numeric to Date?
  •     Mees January 24, 2013 7:46AM
    Hi there - I am trying to convert a numeric value into a date value. The numeric is for example 201244, which means the year 2012 and week 44. I am using the Field Organiser in DataManager, and changing the field data type from Numeric to Date/Time and specifying both the the input and output date format both to "yyyyww". The thousand seperator is removed.

The result is that some values are set to null and I can't figure out why this is? Just to be sure, is this the correct way to do this or should I use something else? We often use this type of editing and it normally works just fine.
    Thanks
  • 7 Comments
  •     paola January 24, 2013 8:01AM
    We had a similar issue recently, where last few/first few weeks in the year were not displayed properly... Please see a recent post:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1978/week-1-2013-in-week-format
  •     Mees January 24, 2013 8:16AM
    Thanks Paola,

We run the Enterprise edition 64 bit. Just to be sure, can we install this without affecting our Scheduler tasks etc
  •     paola January 24, 2013 9:46AM
    You can implement the above solution (format YYYY-ww) if you have 2.8, without the need to install Java 7.
    If you are using Omniscope 2.7, and wish to install Java 7, you will be ok, and your Scheduler actions will not be affected.
  •     Mees January 29, 2013 7:16AM
    Hi Paola,

Trying your suggested solution on a local 64bit laptop.
    When I edit the "installconfig.properties" file and save it, it throws a message that the file is already in use and I can't save it.

I have adminstrator rights, restarted pc to be sure no program is active, but still same error message.

Any idea what I can do?

• antonio     antonio January 29, 2013 9:15AM
    Windows does not allow you to edit a file in the c:\program files directory.
    So save the installconfig.properties on your desktop, edit it, and then move it back to the original folder.
  •     Mees January 29, 2013 10:12AM
    Thanks. Did that, editing and saving is allowed this way.

However, Omniscope dsektop edition still doesn't use Java v7.
    I have added a screenhot

Any ideas? Hope you can help as the problem with date converting still exist
    Attachments
    omniscope java.PNG 3K
  •     Mees January 31, 2013 6:42AM
    Thanks Richard. It works now!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership