Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: How to call/run an external batch file? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: How to call/run an external batch file?
  •        benjamin December 3, 2012 4:54AM
    Hi - I am trying to run an external batch file process after Omniscope Server Scheduler has opened and saved an Omniscope IOK file.

Is there any way to do this in using the automated Omniscope Server Scheduler Task List actions?

I have been trying to use the Command action but this does not seem to work ??

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ben
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate December 3, 2012 5:54AM
    Ben - Command action should work...most common oversight is to forget to enclose the path to the batch file in quotes if there are spaces in the path?

Attachments
    Batch file launch.JPG 122K
  •        benjamin December 4, 2012 4:39AM
    Hi - I keep getting an error which relates to a class i am calling/using within the batch file.

I am using Sendfile call to send a file to a internal programe

The error message i am getting is : "Could not find or load main class file SendFile"

However if I just click on the batch file myself i do not get this error , yet i get this error when i try to open it using the command action in Omniscope. Any ideas why ?

Thanks, Ben
  •     steve December 5, 2012 1:42AM
    It sounds like you're trying to start a Java program from a different working directory such that the classpath is incorrect. You should be able to invoke the BAT file directly from Omniscope. But you may need to put a "cd \path\to\bat\folder" line at the start of the BAT file.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership