Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Licensing: ServerPlus Export to .csv options? - Visokio Forums
Licensing: ServerPlus Export to .csv options?
  •     bgrovens October 23, 2012 3:48PM
    Hi Visokio,

I have recently upgraded to the ServerPlus eddition of the software. Our end users have wanted to output data to .csv file's. However when you go to File > Export on the end users free Viewer, they are not allowed to change the filter. I'm a bit baffled ...by default the "All" selection is not set and the user can't change it. Can you verify the functionality for me? If this is accurate please, describe why it would be a problem to enable this feature? Thanks for the help.

Attachments
    ExportError.JPG 47K
  • 10 Comments
  •     tjbate October 24, 2012 7:20AM
    Brian - Just to clarify, are you asking why the free Viewer users can't use the Subset drop down to select different defined/filtered groups of rows, or the Fields drop-down to specify which columns they want to export, or both?
  •     bgrovens October 24, 2012 8:53AM
    Hi Thomas,

I am only looking at the "Data" field. To be more specific the end user can't change this with the ServerPlus version. So when you want to output to a .csv you can not change the data set. I would like for the user to be able to change this, or that by detaul "all" data is placed in this field; not a subset.

Thanks,
    Brian
  •     tjbate October 24, 2012 9:05AM
    OK, so you are interested in the free Viewer user being able to export different data subsets, i.e. different sets of rows. How many Named Queries are defined in the file, and are the View data subsets in the file set to intersect with user filtering, or 'hard-wired' to always show the rows defined in the Named Queries?
  •     bgrovens October 24, 2012 9:44AM
    There are some reports that have up to 20 queries defined within the report. These queries are used to in conjunction with "Filtered data in" on the charts so that a user could change the rows manually as well. I guess I don't fully understand your question, the queries work great in the full version using the export. I just want the functionality exteneded for ServerPlus free viewer so that the end user can change this.

Thanks,
    Brian
  •     tjbate October 24, 2012 10:57AM
    Brian - this is a bug not a licensing issue, we will fix asap
  •     bgrovens October 24, 2012 11:01AM
    Thanks Thomas, appriciate the help! I could not tell as we just upgraded :)
  •     steve October 25, 2012 9:27AM
    Fixed for tonight's b362
  •     bgrovens October 25, 2012 10:21AM
    Is that in 2.8? We haven't migrated yet, we were using 2.7b422.
  •     steve October 26, 2012 4:40AM
    Yes, 2.8 b362. Now also in tonight's 2.7 b445.
  •     bgrovens October 26, 2012 9:12AM
    Thanks Steve, much appriciated!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged