Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Multiple sequential filters to segment data sets? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Multiple sequential filters to segment data sets?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     earheart May 4, 2012 3:06PM
    It would be great if you could have a filter and have the remaining records be available for a second filter (without having to build the second filter)
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve May 4, 2012 3:18PM
    Possible now using a Merge block, selecting mismatching records only. Or perhaps by duplicating the filter and inverting the top-level setting.

But I think you mean having two outputs from the Filter block.
  •     earheart May 4, 2012 3:25PM
    I do... the two blocks creates an extra step...
  •     earheart September 25, 2012 1:28PM
    What would be ideal is to just output the rejected records and allow a type of waterfall rather than doing the inverse operation each time to get the rejected set.
  •     earheart September 26, 2012 9:33AM
    so let me explain this a bit more fully.

I have a file that has a bunch of records in it. I want to take that one file and break it out in five segments... The key point is i only want the record in one file. Even though they might meet the criteria for all 5, they would only appear in the first file they meet the criteria.

Current process is... i do a filter to get the first segment... i then copy the filter and change it from accept all to reject all and then create my new filter box.

It would be much easier if the filter box could give me both the accepts and the rejects and I would make the next filter just use the rejects rather than another filter field to get the rejects.
  •     steve September 27, 2012 6:37AM
    It's a good idea, and there are other cases where we need more than one output from a particular block (e.g. Validate). But this is a complex major enhancement - multiple block output connectors - so is unlikely to happen soon.
  •     earheart September 27, 2012 9:03AM
    Good to know... but it would be a tremendous time savings.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership