Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pie & Bar Views: Color differences? - Visokio Forums
Pie & Bar Views: Color differences?
  •     rajeshbalu29 July 26, 2012 3:34AM
    Hi All - I have noticed that there is a color change when I have two different charts of a Bar and Pie chart that gets corrected when I remove the gradient effect. So basically when I tick the gradient effect from the Tools menu the color gets changed. I have attached the snapshot of the charts.

Can you please help me to fix this problem? Regards, Rajesh B
    Attachments
    color difference.png 105K
  • 7 Comments
  •     paola July 27, 2012 8:43AM
    Hi Rajesh,
    If you are looking at breakdown value for category field, where possible values are A, B, C , colour for A should be the same in Bar/Line View or in the Pie chart. You can also specify colour for each value in
    Data>Manage fields>(field) Options>Value order, colours, shapes
    This last option will depend on whether the field is a numerical one, category, date etc.
  •     rajeshbalu29 July 29, 2012 11:32PM
    Hi Paola,
    I have created the bar and pie charts both the value are coming from Region. As you have mentioned above I have created the same colors with the manage field>options>Value order, colours, Shapes. This works perfectly fine if I remove the effects for the chart. Please find attached snapshot which shows the difference of both view. Please let me know incase of any further clarifications.

Regards, Rajesh B
  •     paola July 31, 2012 5:35AM
    Hi Rajesh,
    In the top pair (Bar/Pie) in your image, you have grading applied to both Views - the colours are a bit stronger in the Bar View, but it's still applied, and the colouring is consistent.
    In the bottom pair - Grading is removed and colouring is identical in both Views.
    You have an option to switch grading on/off in Style/ Data effects/ Gradient, depending on which style you prefer.
  •     rajeshbalu29 August 1, 2012 11:40PM
    Hi Paola - Thanks for your response.
    We need to present the charts with gradient effect. So you mean to say that the color of a pie and bar chart will differ when you have the same data. Can the colors be identical even when we on the Gradient effect? Please let me know incase of any further clarificaitons.

Regards, Rajesh B
  •     paola August 2, 2012 4:28AM
    Hi Rajesh,
    The colours in Bar/Line View and Pie View are the same - maroon, pale green, lilac, corresponding with your category values. When gradient is applied shade of colour appears to be stronger in Bar/Line view.
    The effect is slightly different, but chosen colours are the same. We will look into this, but this issue should not have effect on your analysis.
  •     paola August 2, 2012 7:39AM
    In addition to this - we are working on this issue and will 'align the colouring' better between the views in the 2.8 edition, so watch this space...
  •     steve August 3, 2012 10:43AM
    Rajesh - We have updated the new Pie view in 2.8 to have the same gradient effect as the Bar view. The previous Pie view will not be updated, to preserve the look of existing reports. From tonight's build.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged